The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » TT so powerful, but then again so... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Now one day ... I started thinking ... how many different tricks in a row I am (in this case, you are) able to pull up useing just a TT? But there is a catch also...you are able to use only one TT. Useing just a one TT will make it hard to add Bill switch in youre act (bassically it is hard to use this exact same TT again for another trick after you have vanished something).

So guys, just show me youre creativity and put up a list of tricks that you are able to perform useing just a one TT? PS! Tricks must be performed in a row Smile

Good Luck Smile
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I don't know about a list, but there are pros who do whole shows with only a TT. I've done as many as 6 effects in a row using a tt and tying them all together back in my table hopping between stand-up set days. I'm sure somebody out there could probably do the entire encyclopedia of tt magic in sequence without getting caught.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
I agree wholeheartedly with Photius. One of the easiest things to do as a closeup performer is find repeated uses for one of the greatest utility devices in our arsenal. When I was doing restaurants I performed at least 12 different effects using a TT. I didn't perform all of them every night, but probably hit them all by every 2nd night of performing. I actually carry 3 on me at all times. One is standard, one is trimmed for Mismade Bill, and the 3rd is the Bavli model for b*****g k**s. One of my most memorable times with a TT was when I had a smart alec at a table brag to everyone how he could do magic because he had one of those "f**e t****s". I went right into my Mismade Bill and he pulled me aside afterward and complimented me on my slight of hand and had no idea how that was possible. I think I've only ever performed maybe 3 TT effects in a row at any given time, but I think Gary Darwin might just be the guy that could pull off the entire encyclopedia of TT magic! Smile
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.spelz.net
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19639 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am in complete agreement.

This is why the TT is certianly one of the greatest "utility devices" I can think of.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
I've really been ignoring the TT for a while, but after reading these boards, I got to get back to using it!
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
41 cent miracle anybody?

Jay
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
Well, Darwin teaches a good version of Misers Dream in his DVD set, and that's about the only trick I do with a TT. But after pulling that out of my drawer, I might have to get back into TT work...
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
Atrophy
View Profile
New user
Canton, Ohio
5 Posts

Profile of Atrophy
I love using a TT. I actually used one in a speech in front of my World Lit. class. I had to explain the meaning of the poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost. I vanished a gold silk to show how nothing gold can stay as a finale to my presentation. Everybodies jaws dropped and I got a standing ovation.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Not to mention it comes in handy when you are being frisked by cops (IT'S A JOKE PEOPLE!)
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
JoeMagician
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of JoeMagician
You could do all the tricks out of Darwin's 101 Thumbtip tricks and amaze people. There are some AMAZING gems in there. Check out the one where you vanish a lit match and produce smoke from nowhere. Try it, you will surprise yourself with how amazing it is.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
I do at least 3or 4 in the row with the tt
Dolphin
View Profile
Regular user
Slovenia
171 Posts

Profile of Dolphin
You can do as many as you like as long as you put them in some order. you have to think in advance of what tricks will you be performing and try to sort them so you get a kind of a flow. try Darwin's Encyclopedia of Thumb Tip Magic. I was allways affraid to use TT`s but when I purchased this 3dvd set it opened a whole new world for me. I realised that you can do entire show using only aone or two TT`s. and mr.Darwin is a real pro. he clears all the questions you might have regarding this fine gimmick. or shoud I say magic prop?:)
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I've been reluctant to do much with mine because it feels awkward to me and isn't the same color as my skin. On the other hand, I've heard that a good TT expert can paint his red and not give it away. Do you think that's true? Could you pass this test?
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
ofrmagic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Airship one of the first tt I had were black and I had never bein cut is probably the way you are show in itlet me know if you need my help.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Airship one of the first tt I had were black and I had never bein cut is probably the way you are show in itlet me know if you need my help.
kirko
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of kirko
Quote:
Could you pass this test?

Yes, on certain tricks.
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
The first utility device I ever purchased was a TT. That was 40 years ago and I have never stopped using it. It is something I always have in my pocket. Always. It packs small and can be used in so many ways. I even use it for gag (non magic) effects like "hole in your shirt" just to get a laugh.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
My only advice: Ken Brooke used to preach, "Don't get greedy with a principle".
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Pete,

Does Ken Brooke's wisdom hold true for the principle of misdirection? Smile

See you at the Jamboree,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Rkull
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Rkull
TT is a great tool. With proper thinking and practice it resist exposures. But why doing 6 or more TT tricks in a row when we have so many effects with so many props?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » TT so powerful, but then again so... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL