The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Paul Potassy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Another great pickpocket act that I for one would love to hear any stories about. I have just finished reading The Magic of Paul Potassy which I was first attracted to because of the pickpocket act. The rest of the book is fantastic also. Is there any/much footage of Paul Potassy available?
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
From my understanding Paul Potassy will have a DVD coming out soon. I also was attracted to the book because of the pickpocket act.

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
neoreform
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of neoreform
Any idea of the release of the video?
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
I believe that I read it will be out sometime this year.

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi Peeps,

I just made an interview with Mr. Potassy. He confirms that he will be coming out with a 3 volume dvd hopefully to be release before the year ends. Now that's something to watch out for!

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Sal and I are one of the lucky few who personally knows Paul. Paul is probably one of Europe's best magicians. Can't wait for that DVD. He truly is one of the best pickpockets I have ever seen.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
If they are crammed full with half as much as his recent book they will be great. I hope there will be a lot of footage from actual shows. The book did such a great job of detailing the routining more so than the methodology, I think this is where there is the most to learn. I don't buy DVDS often but I can't wait for this.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Chappy,

I think one of the 3 volumes to come out will feature his full show with a live audience. Then again, that remains to be seen. Anyway, to all I.B.M. members, please watch out for the interview I made with Mr. Potassy as it will be published in TLR.

Sal
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Thanks for the heads up Sal, I look forward to the release.

Greg
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Can someone please provide a brief summary of the pickpocketing material covered in the recent book Magic of Paul Potassy?

Will this pickpocketing material (routine) be included in r. Potassy's upcoming DVD?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Hi Jonathan

Paul Potassy is one of the names I frequently heard when first looking into picking pockets. The book describes the entire routine that made him famous as a pickpocket. It also describes his entire magic act and extensive repetoire, including all of the transitions between routines.
This includes how he leads into the pickpocketing and out of it into the routine that follows. The explanations assume a general knowledge of technique and focus more on the routining.

And the routine is pretty standard. When compared with something like James Freedmans Stealing the Show DVD, it may at first seem not to have a lot of information, but there are some details that make it very valuable to a working performer.

This is a perfect example of how a straightforward act can become a reputation maker in the right hands.

I am still looking forward to his DVDs

Greg
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
The information you provided Greg is very helpful.

Paul Potassy's book, and now his pending DVD project, sound excellent.

Many thanks.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Jonathan,

From what I was told by Mr. Potassy, his entire act will cover the upcoming dvd's. They will start filming after the F.I.S.M. 2006 (he will be having a special interview for the said event) and hopefully releases it by December 2006.

Hope this helps!

Sal
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks for the update Sal, and for this most encouraging news.

Jonathan
Jonathan
argent
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of argent
I first heard of Paul Potassy around 40 years or so ago. I was told about some magician who could get standing ovations at 2am in the morning from inebriated and inattentive audiences at European night clubs doing nothing but standard tricks like the Sympathetic Silks, Razor Blades etc;

I found it hard to believe at the time but then I got to see him perform on a couple of occasions. One of the best performers there has ever been.
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
I just saw that L&L is selling a 3 volume DVD set "The Magic of Paul Potassy". Does anyone own it or have a review of it yet that you can post? Thanks.
dukun
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dukun
I like Paul Potassy because I watch stealing the show by James freedman..

And yes I like Paul because the pickpocket act..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Paul Potassy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL