The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Props are making me Mental! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lady-J
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Lady-J
I find it hard to carry props. Most of my work is done as a psychic entertainer. In this setting props are out of place. Some of the most powerful illusions can be performed with everyday items.

When I do perform I carry what few props Is use in an USMC messenger bag. I use to use the USMC backpacks with the insulated camel pouch (houses drinking water) when I did street magic here on the NC east coast.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I carry mine in a small pouch unless I'm wearing a suit.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Design your act around your costume. If you need a blindfold, remove a sash and so on.
POOF!
Balthazar
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Balthazar
Don't use props. I can do hours strolling with just 3 small props - all three fit easily into only 1 pocket.

Look at your material and be ruthless - if it takes space you don't want to devote to it, pitch it. You'll keep the stuff that gets great reactions and your magic will come off stronger because you aren't doing a duffle bag shuffle.

Balthazar
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I suppose it depends on whether you perform strolling or do a stand-up show. When strolling, I just work out of the pockets of my jacket. When doing a stand-up show, I work out of a case.

For a mentalist, doing a stand-up show, I would recommend using a catalog case to work out of. A lot of the props will look like office supplies, anyway, and professionals often carry those supplies in such a case. Most major office supply stores have several models to choose from.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Props are making me Mental! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL