The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Here's what Chris Angel "really" thinks about "you!"! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I was pretty much done posting on this thread, but Chris/Criss/Chriss Jones' hypocrisy just got me going a little. Even Chi Chi noticed it! I'm the worlds worst speller, but I usually get my own name right. Chris/Criss/Chriss gets it wrong on almost every post that he makes. Check it out! ( Just check his posts) But then he gets all anal about my spelling. Hypocrite, would be the correct term here.
If you guys don't care what Angel says about Magicians, that's up to you. I just let you know that he Slags you. So, if I were you I'd NEVER spend another dime on his effects.
To answer Chris'/Criss/Chriss' question...I'm an impersonator. I do some Experimentalism on the radio. That is my thing. When is your next TV appearance? LOL
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2006-02-19 23:02, Slim King wrote:
Even Chi Chi noticed it!
Dave

Praised and criticized at the exact same time. I am honored!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I don't think you are an idiot, Chi Chi....Your mother just raised you wrong...LOL
He actually spelled Chris three different ways in all.
You caught it, and that's good!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Don McCleod
View Profile
Veteran user
Coulsdon
360 Posts

Profile of Don McCleod
I think Costa should be given his own show. For a lunkhead in a wifebeater he sure is funny.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
My mother wants to fly out to Florida and slap you slim. Smile
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Quote:
On 2006-02-19 23:02, Slim King wrote:
I was pretty much done posting on this thread, but Chris/Criss/Chriss Jones' hypocrisy just got me going a little. Even Chi Chi noticed it! I'm the worlds worst speller, but I usually get my own name right. Chris/Criss/Chriss gets it wrong on almost every post that he makes. Check it out! ( Just check his posts) But then he gets all anal about my spelling. Hypocrite, would be the correct term here.

I think he was doing some irony.
Hello.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Only my girlfriend gets to slap me! LOL
thinkingisbelieving
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of thinkingisbelieving
There has been much in this thread which slams other performers, both national and amature. This bothers me.

Instead of being concerned with whether or not one person is hokey (or what we suppose the "think" of us) is absolutely beside the point. Shouldn't we be more concerned with improving our art? Better still, is each individual even sure about what his/her art actually is?

In my opinion, my first responsibilty is not to impress the audience with feats of mentalism, make them chuckle with my clever wit or even leave them trying to understand how I could possiby know what those people were thinking. First and foremost I am an entertainer. My top priority is the entertainment of my audience. Yes, they came to see mentalism and that's what I strive to give them, but before I can even think of getting to that point, I must first entertain them; give them a reason to feel good about the purchase of their tickets.

I enjoy communing with those in the same profession, but in the final analysis I really don't care what my peers think of my show, nor should they care what I think of theirs. The only people I am interested in serving are the people who pay my salary - my audience. I serve them first.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Well, Thinkingisbelieving...YOU miss the point! I wanted Café members to be aware of what one of the new "Biggies" is saying about them. THAT IS THE POINT.!!!!!
If you think it is something else...start your own thread. It's obvious that you are a sell out.
Get it!
Dave
thinkingisbelieving
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-02-21 07:09, Slim King wrote:
Well, Thinkingisbelieving...YOU miss the point! I wanted Café members to be aware of what one of the new "Biggies" is saying about them. THAT IS THE POINT.!!!!!
If you think it is something else...start your own thread. It's obvious that you are a sell out.
Get it!
Dave

If you're upset because someone said that some magicians have hokey presentations, then keep sulking. It's true. Some do, and that's not necessarily bad; if their audience is entertained, then hokey or not, they did their job. Who cares what Cris Angel thinks?

Please don't be so abrasive. I didn't claim that anyone missed any point, why are you claiming I did? I'm not a "sell-out" just because I prefer to to perform for peers or impress other magicians, so please stop the name-calling. I'm simply trying to play to my audience. I have chosen my audience, and you have chosen yours.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Seems I've struck a nerve!
Relax there buddy.... You miss the point again!
Anyone who slags their peers and turns on his own for the mighty dollar, is a sell out. That simple!
So quit twisting Angels words.....the said the MOST of the Magicians were Hokey yadda yadda...Slag slag......Not SOME. So don't try to soften the blow.
thinkingisbelieving
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

WHOA THERE, BIG BUDDY! How have I turned on anybody? I have never turned on my own! "My own" simply consists of my audience. Period.

Like I said. I have chosen my audience, you have chosen yours. If that makes me a sell-out, then so be it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to deposit a check.
Shnarker
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
89 Posts

Profile of Shnarker
Quote:
On 2006-02-15 22:20, Slim King wrote:
It's obvious that you ALL think that Chriss is talking about the "Other" magicians. Your egos have blinded ALL OF YOU! He is talking about YOU!

Slim, and fellow magi,

Our gut check should be taken one step further. We all have seen our share of excellent local magicians. I really think it's safe to say, we have seen many more "cheesy" or just plain awful magicians. I saw one recently in my area for a school fundraiser. He is a known magician. I went as a spectator, not a critic. Honestly, this man had no meaning and or thread to his magic. It was a bunch of effects that were thrown together. The best way to describe it was 'disjointed'.

At a recent magician's organization meeting, there was a competition (sp?) for magicain of the year. 3 peeps involved. 2 of the three were what I'm sure Mr. Angel would call cheesy. The 3rd was phenominal, has a purpose for every move, had a story. It was wonderful. He did not win.

I am not a full-time working pro, so take my view as you will. However, I do know memorable, honest performances that do our art justice. I know when I see poor, thoughless performances, I work harder not to become "cheesy", boring, etc. Am I cheesy? At one time, perhaps. Now? To some, I may be. I know for a fact that others have described my performances using many adjectives. Cheesy, boring, ordinary are not words I have heard, from peers and laymen. I work like hell not to be lumped in the cheesy category.

Granted, it's only a thought. I took Mr. Angel's comments personally, but not in a negative way. It as an additional opportunity to reexamine my work. I took no offense, as I am always looking to improve. I'm never satisfied with my performance.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Shnarker,

Well, that's the spirit! The words sting a little bit, and then we dry our eyes and figure out how to climb the next step. If we work hard, we make it, and then there's another step after that.

I should say that I have felt the same way when I saw beautiful performances by talented, hardworking performers who never had a bad word to say about anybody. Sometimes, they make me feel like a hack who ought to be grateful for living in the provinces where even a ball-and-vase set in red plastic is enough to mark the possessor as a person who knows much that is hidden.

It is a good thing to never be satisifed with a performance. Every performance should be carefully reviewed. Even if the audience is very pleased, there is almost always a way to improve the performance.

Yours,

Paul
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
It's a sick jungle of competition out there....start practicing and thinking...
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
What an interessting discussion... In my opinion Criss Angel isn't a magician. He's more of a modern day freak. I consider him to be part of the sideshow entertainment just much more comercial. I don't like him as person, since he doesn't connect at all with his audience, he rather shocks them, instead of amaze them. In the long row of famous magicians, I think we hit a very low point. Escpecially in Europe, nobody knows magicians at all. David Copperfield, Sigfried and Roy...thats it. I guess in the states, they at least also know Penn&Teller, Lance Burton, Blaine and Angel. So at least Blaine and Angel made Magic known in the 21th Century. But what do they stand for? Sitting in a box for 40 days? Beeing hung up with hooks on a helicopter???

If Robert-Houdin, Hofzinser, Thurston and the likes be still alive today what would they think magic became. Didin't they give us all their inspirations, their visions and their wonderfull ideas what magic really is? To create moments of astonishments for our audience. To make them feel like children again... ok I know I'm getting cheesy... Smile But really, where are the true heirs of the old masters.

I don't consider Criss a magician, a mentalist or even an entertainer. Lets hope a new era of magic will begin soon, paying respect to the true form a amazment.

Good night and good luck
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
I'm only going to say this once, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart, and no disrespect whatsoever. In regard to Chriss Angel saying that most magicians are hokey...

Slim.... you are wearing a fez....

I have just settled the argument.....
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
Conlaw
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Conlaw
WOW!

The comments made by Criss on the radio must have hit very close to the mark for everyone to get all worked up.

Conlaw
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
After six pages of this, I have decided that, MOST MAGICIANS SELF ESTEEM IS VERY LOW. (Or at least how they esteem other magicians)
BTW...I'm NOT a Magician.....I was just noting how you guys felt about each other.
Now I know.
Thanks
Dave
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Quote:
On 2006-02-17 15:09, John LeBlanc wrote:

I believe people who think Criss is nothing more than a constructed, flash in the pan are in for a rough ride. It's good to remember even KANSAS and The Monkeys lasted a number of successful years.

John

I will not sit idly by and let someone besmirch the good name of The Monkees! Don’t forget: Neil Young, Leon Russell and Glen Campbell all rode under The Monkees’ brand. Smile
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Here's what Chris Angel "really" thinks about "you!"! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL