The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Here's what Chris Angel "really" thinks about "you!"! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Quote:
On 2006-02-13 10:15, Slim King wrote:
It seems that most of you here with a positive view of Chis's statements do not consider yourself as part of "most magicians"....Very interesting!

How very sad that you think the only people who would have a positive view of his comments would be those not personally hurt by them. His words sting and challenge me some. I'm afraid in some ways I am the sort of magician he is speaking of. That's why I appreciate his comments.

A thick skin doesn't just mean letting things bounce off you. It means being caring enough about your art to hear negative comments, see how they may apply to you, and be willing to change. No wonder there is so little art left these days. How many of us are not just willing but eager to hear harsh and completely unconstructive negative comments, like Dai Vernon used to dish out, just in case there is a little nugget of truth inside that we can learn from?
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2006-02-13 11:25, J ack Galloway wrote:
Chi,

The difference is this is a forum not a public media venue.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X

I don't even see why this matters. The fact of my statement is that a lot of Magicians are full of envy. It is human nature, bash someone else to make you feel better. You do a show for 10 people other magicians do shows for millions. The only way to feel better about that is to put the other guy down. That is my point. I don't understand it. Look at the big picture. In general the public does not care that much about magic/mentalism/paranormal entertainers etc etc etc. So when one guy/girl impresses a large group of people. It is good for everybody. Stop being so envious and just do your thing.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
Chi,

I can see your side on this.

But I would also say to degrade those who have supported you is vile.

I can say what I please about magicians becouse for the most part they rage against me untill they see what I do or meet me.

However I never would attack the entire group.

I would however do as I do and express my problems with specific people.

Of course one must be willing to take the heat for such actions.

I for one will not think twice about expressing my thoughts on Chris and his TV shows now.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
You can have your opinion of magicians and I understand that. What does not make sense to me is the bashing that takes place in the "ellen" post. It is crazy. Why sit there and say this guys sucks and his presentation is horrible? It doesn't do anything for anybody.

I don't think you are the "real" deal Jack. I have voiced that several times. I don't think you can RV or bend spoons with just your mind. That is my opinion, but I respect you as an entertainer and I wish you the best in the future. I don't have to pick apart your presentation to make me feel better about what I do. In other words I try not to be envious!
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Chi,

I agree with what you have offered here.

My fault for not getting it right off.

I see the same thing as being of no value.
What would be of value is possibly posting what you saw wrong with it and how it might be fixed.

Use it as an example for education and creating a better perfromance.
Not just bashing.

Best Wishes

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Exactly Jack. It is frustrating to watch sometimes. I am glad we agree on something. Smile
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

We agree a lot you just don't know it.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Quote:
On 2006-02-13 16:49, J ack Galloway wrote:
I for one will not think twice about expressing my thoughts on Chris and his TV shows now.

You should at least learn how to spell someone's name before you decide to bash him. It makes you look even sillier.

Also, the difference between you bashing him and him bashing magicians, is that his bashing makes him look superior in the eyes of the general public. If you bash him, you will look petty and inferior.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I found it very interesting listening. I agree with Criss. Whether or not he should have kept his opinions to himself is a matter on which reasonable people may differ.
Hello.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Josh,

You have got to be joking.

Just rememebr I stand higher than magicians for I do not need tricks.

So I can make comment if I choose and it will be taken as fact.

Can you say the same?

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Jack hold on. It will not be taken as fact, becuase nobody believes that you are the real deal. Outside of you. If there are others in your following please list them here. I would love to hear the opinions and possibly first hand accounts of your gift.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Chi,

What I do makes it easyer for all of you.

When guys make comments like Chris does it makes life harder for magicians in that it devalues all of us.

That is why if I don't like something I will attack the source.

Make a choice.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I don't have to pick a side. Your post makes it sound like you are better than everybody else because you are "real". If part of your entertainment is to claim that you are real than that is fine. Just don't come off as being supperior to everyone else.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Josh says
"How very sad that you think the only people who would have a positive view of his comments would be those not personally hurt by them."

Hold on buddy...Are you saying that people that are HURT by him/his comments should have positive thoughts......?????????
What kind of Masocistis weed do you think we are smokin' here?
( Oh and feel free to correct my spelling if it makes you feel better!)
Geez!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Chi,

You miss my point.
I do not run down magicians or mentalists.
(In fact I have a list of them on my site that I recomend)

But if a person chooses to run them down as a group they then are not on my side.

Perhaps some will choose to overlook this type of crap but I choose not to.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Jack again I am confused. You don't like what Criss Angel has to say. That is fine. Your argument is that you are not a mentalist or magician that you are a real paranormalist. SO by basically attacking what Criss has to say you are standing up for your magician friends. But Crisses coments don't hurt you directly because you are a "real" whatever? So really you are just helping the little guy out here?
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

I am also a Master Magician.

I will attack him for he is no longer a magician.

But a wanna be poser musician clone.
Yes he plays the part but needs a hormone patch I say to maybe be able to pull it off.

I know for I was a musician and this guy is a poser and prancer.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Hey Chichi711 keep Jack on his toes! I like your observations and responses on this thread and others!

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Wow, sorry I'm late to this party. For the record, CarlD, salsa_dancer has never lept on or belittled me. I'm not worthy! And Chi, J ack is the real deal. He has seriously messed with my mind, from far away.

By the way, I like the Criss Angel Mindfreak DVD a lot. So he says that most magicians are losers. That's part of the show! It's like pro wrestling or hip hop.

Yours,

Paul
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Paul,

Man you get it.

A..r..e...Y..O..U.. R...E...A...D...Y..
T...O.. RRRRRRRUUMMMMMMBBBBBLLLLLEEEEEE?

(Sorry if you UK fellas don't get this).

My wrasling name will be BID DADDY DELUXE.

But I must mention most of the other fellas are not willing to step into a cage match.

So if guys like Christine Angel are looking for a match.
(Wrestling smack talk)

But I am more than willing to for I see no harm done by the guys pitching the stones.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Here's what Chris Angel "really" thinks about "you!"! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL