The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Criss Angel's Blindfold (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I just saw the Mindfreak episode where Angel drives Mandy's car. I was wondering if there are sources for the blindfold that he used. It was first some quarters over his eyes. Followed by duck tape and then a blindfold. Looked great. Any ideas?
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Many similar blinkfolds have been used.

Richard Osterlind uses bandaids and the stanless steel blindfold

Glen Falkenstein has been using Coins, Adhesive tape, and a blindfold for a long time..

And here are lots of others using them. At a recent Magic Conference in Ohio, Rich Bloch did a closeup routine using coins, Black electrical tape, and a bandanna used as a blindfold.

The principals in all are the same as any blindfold act, and the extra stuff just adds to the impression that you are securely blindoflded.

In my opinion, it can be overdone too. So don't do coins, bread dough, tape, popcicle sticks, a blindfold, and a bag.

Trying to prove too much, only means that you are proving beyond "the reasonable". Do people think you can see through the coins taped in place? If so, then don't use them. But if they believe the coins and tape are impossible enough, don't go too much further. A blindfold over them seems to work so stop there.
The Doctor Knows.....
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Good Evening DoctorCognos,

I also know about some of the Blindfolds you talked about (Osterlind, Falkenstein ...)

If you know the secret behind it, would you say that you can use it for a blindfold drive in a car? I doubt it - there is no way for me to use this kind of Version for a Drive.

What do the rest of the Café think about it?

Cheers,
Jarod
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Interesting question Jarod. I had assumed that those who do the Driving Blindfold act would use the same technique, but maybe they don't?

I have not tried it in a car. But I might just get into my car later, put the basic Osterlind Steel Blindfold on, and see what I can see.
But wait, my chauffeur will be driving, so I guess that wouldn't be a good test..
The Doctor Knows.....
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Steve Shaw is a consultant on the show and he did the same drive back in the 70's (I think, maybe early 80's. Very bad fashion period at the least). You can find it on the bonus stuff on his Banachek PSI-Series DVDs.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I wouldnt think the Osterlind blndfold would work to well for a drive. I think that is what Osterlind originally had it made for, so obviously you can.
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Back to the Subject Folks! ;-)

Chichi, why do you think Richard Osterlind developed his Stainless Steel Blindfold for a Blind-Drive-Stunt?

Bitterman, does the Bonus on the PSI Series tells you the methode?

Looking forward to your Posts!

Sincerely,
Jarod

Harry Houdini
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Do we have any more news on this?

Harry Houdini
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
The blindfold technique that Criss used with the coins can be found in 13 steps to Mentalism. Just substitute the Pads for Coins. Or, you can get John Archers DVD "Blindfold Tips"

With that said, It still won't enable you to look ahead for a blindfold drive. Obviously there is something else aiding the effect, which won't be mentioned here.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
The Dark Vision Hood, in conjunction with the Osterlind Stainless Steel Blindfold was designed expressly for use in the Blindfold Drive.

Both instructions manuals feature important information concerning the perfomance of such a stunt.

Richard
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Plus toss in Devin Knight's Blindfolded Car and you are rolling mad!!!!!

I have to get a dark vision hood soon... got the SOS bag and it was well made so I must assume the DV hood is also top notch!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Oh man I cant believe I started a thread like that Smile Sad day in my life finding this.

I have been looking into Osterlinds set up and I think that is the way I am going.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Nate, I think I've told you of my experience with the blindfold drive and the DV/SSB combo, haven't I? If not, let me know.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I remember you doing your drive, but I have not heard all the dirty details.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2008-10-10 17:30, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Nate, I think I've told you of my experience with the blindfold drive and the DV/SSB combo, haven't I? If not, let me know.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet

I'd love to hear that.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Well, it didn't get nearly the publicity I'd hoped...which, I guess, didn't matter since we moved from the little town of Farmington soon afterward.

But - the local car dealer supplied a nice new truck and one of their salespeople as a rider/witness. She was startled at the Stainless Steel Blindfold, and her eyes got even bigger and rounder when I wrapped a bandage all around my head. When I asked her to give me the bag that the blindfold and the bandage had been in, she looked really pale and asked if I was sure this would be safe.

Finally, we walked out to the truck (me with my eyes closed and bumping into things; her squeaking a little every time I bumped into something), started it up, and headed the few miles from the hotel to the car dealership.

During the ride, I did a little cold reading and it seemed to creep her out. As we approached a cemetery, I decided to experience a chill and complain that something felt creepy - almost evil. She almost shrieked, because on the OTHER side of the road, unseen by me, was a guy who was an enemy of hers. When we got back to the dealership, she couldn't stop talking about this incident.

The dealership owner met us when we returned - he didn't seem very impressed. Then I took off the bag. His eyebrows raised. Then I unwrapped the bandage. He dropped his cigarette when he saw the SSB. He became upset that he'd decided to NOT have the radio people there that day. (So was I, by the way.)

The hardest thing was not to laugh, because it was all so easy.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
I saw the message topic "Criss Angels Blindfold," and I thought Cirque must have decided that in view of the critics' and public reaction to his Vegas show there was no other choice at present than to execute Angel by firing squad.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
I believe in Nevada, they no longer use firing squads.

Hey, Nate!! You think you can get Cri$$ to go over to Utah, where execution by shooting is still the law?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet ("Hangin's too good for 'im! Burnin's too good for 'im! He oughtta be chopped into little bitty pieces and buried alive!!")
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2008-10-11 01:24, mormonyoyoman wrote:
I believe in Nevada, they no longer use firing squads.

Hey, Nate!! You think you can get Cri$$ to go over to Utah, where execution by shooting is still the law?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet ("Hangin's too good for 'im! Burnin's too good for 'im! He oughtta be chopped into little bitty pieces and buried alive!!")

why get rid of what works?
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
Should this really be up stairs in penny?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Criss Angel's Blindfold (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL