The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is it all REAL? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Jack I have seen your videos. Again entertaining, but not proving anything other than you and I have the same "powers".
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Someone post the link to these vids please.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
Ok Chi step up no other pro has.
Why becouse they cannot!

The deja-vu Experiment is mine is real and I say do it.

Really I put my cash up to prove what I state on the site is real.
I see lots of guys saying oh I can do that but that it all I see.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Jack you put like 25,000 on your test. You might as well put 1 billion on them. They are your tests. you set the criteria up, so how can anyone prove it wrong. You have a video to watch of you bending a nail. The nail is not in the camera the entire time. Half of the nail is covered with a hankey. How the h*** do you expect anybody to prove you didn't do it? I can make the same test and put 100 billion on it. Who can prove me wrong? You 25,000 dollar backing is 100% pointless. It means nothing!

Step up to what jack?

I told you in PM that I can do your Deja Vu experiment. The only thing I can't figure out is the place, or whatever. I am sure a pro much smarter than me could get it very easy.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Well they all have fallen silent.

Go ahead ask around.

Call Max, Richard, etc.

No if the could they would.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Jack
What is funny is Chichi is using the same argument he refuted when it was raised James Randi. 1 million dollar prize, means nothing, might as well be a billion...

I'll be smiling all the way home. Thanks Jack.

Tony
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
No Randi's test has merit. He set it up and asks people who can RV, or whatever else, to come in and prove they can RV. Jack sets up his test and then completes his test. Then he asks other to watch a crappy video and prove him wrong. Not on the same level here.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Sorry, seems pretty much the same to me. Smile
Be kind Chichi, not everyone can be at Jacks level. Some of the JREF guys might make it to that level someday, if they work real hard.

Still Smiling.

Tony
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Its not the same, but on this one I will let it go. You can keep smiling. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok man I keep getting into this and I don't know why.

Tony if you don't see a difference then you are missing it on purpose my friend.

Randi does NOT take his own test and say prove me wrong does he? This is EXACTLY what J ack does. Now do you see a difference? J ack makes his test, passes his test, and claims that makes him what he says the test proves. It is not really test conditions now is it Tony?

absolutly NO test is valid if the test designer, and the test administrator, are the same person as the test taker. Come on Tony can we at least find common ground on that point?> It seems self evident.

Otherwise can you imagine how many college degrees I would have?

J ack is at his very best a good fake, and a good entertainer. Sorry but this is what has been proven. Take a test designed by someone else and administered by someone else and it has merit.

Now to answer the poor ladys question. You will find absolutly no evidence of "real" paranormal abilities on the Café'. NOTHING done has proven it. J ack is a shameless self promoter. Although the holes in the way he does his site that you pointed out seem to indicate he may need some work in those areas as well.

As far as a proven anything, well people sure like to talk about it. THAT much is certian.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

I offered to do what Randi thought a good RV test he was the one who ran when I figured out how I could do it.

Not my test his.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Where do you have proof of that jack?

Danny welcome back. It has been hard without your wonderful insight.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

C'mon I have said it time and time again here.

I designed my test around Randi's.

It is on my site and I will not go into it again here.

That is why I cannot understand you guys jumping on me when it is basicaly his test.

I am only making sure I get paid if I do it!

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Id like to see proof of that also.It can be easily verified.You must have filled in a test application(which are all logged)agreed protocols etc.Of course you kept the emails exchanged which you will no doubt show us.
jgravelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Milwaukee (Head shown not actual size)
270 Posts

Profile of jgravelle
You're in luck, Mr. Galloway. Mr. Randi is incapacitated at present, so he can't stand in the way of your success. From what I've gathered, the JREF has routinely relied on regional third parties to conduct the simple preliminary tests, and a cursory search of the South Carolina area revealed several groups of people qualified to help you set up a fair double-blind preliminary examination in your area. My understanding is that the JREF often contracts out the administration of these sorts of events.

If you would be kind enough to forward me a copy of your completed application:
http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html (Forgive me, but I've been unable to find it on your websites.)

I promise to work dilligently to facilitate this exciting demonstration of the validity of your psychic prowess. You'll perhaps be tempted to offer me a percentage of your winnings for my efforts, but simply being involved in orchestrating this sort of demonstration will be reward enough, I assure you.

Regards,

-jjg
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow J ack has really stepped in it this time.

that offer has knocked him right off line!

Tough when you are found out for what you are isn't it J ack?

So what of it J ackey boy? Wanna take the test or not?

This should be a great answer.

how about the application? Ever make one out?

Stick to being a good entertainer if you are J ack, and a good fraud, which we know you are. oh and a GREAT talker
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Chichi:
You are right again. Randi asks others to take HIS test, then fails them. You say "tomatos," I say "tomatos." (Pronounced "tomaatos") Or another way, 6 of one, half a dozen of another. It has the same outcome. The test designer/administrator controls the outcome through subjective controls.

Danny:
There is no such thing as a "valid" test. All tests are subjective in some ways. We try to introduce as little subjectivity into the mix as possible, but it is always there. Just picking a test enironment places a subjective control on the test. How do you measure something that you are not sure how to measure, subjective measures tools/proceedures/outcomes.

:)

Tony

Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:30pm
Jack:
Send me your application too. I'll get a few of my old buddies from Harvard and MIT to join in and conduct the test. Then we can pop over to Salem and get some of the New Age groups there to test you.
Why stop there, give a copy to your paper boy and have him set up a test. They all are just as valid.

Tony
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2006-02-15 18:20, J ack Galloway wrote:
C'mon I have said it time and time again here.

I designed my test around Randi's.

It is on my site and I will not go into it again here.

That is why I cannot understand you guys jumping on me when it is basicaly his test.

I am only making sure I get paid if I do it!

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X

I think the word "basically" is really important here. You have made a test off of what Randis test it. You have not done Randis test. Big difference.

Honestly Jack I don't think any BIG mentalist tries to figure out you deja vu experiment because you are not even on there radar. That is just what I think.

Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:49pm
Tony yes a "valid" test is hard to set up, because there is always a guess. At least if it someone besides Jack sets up the test it will be 99% more "valid" than Jacks own made up tests.

Jack jgravelle is putting the heat on what will you do?

Here is my prediction. "I have nothing left to prove"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Chichi:
No, Chichi, a "valid" test is impossible to set up.
Another person designing the test does not mean it will be a better test. Every tester brings in his own personal bias, don't forget, Jack is the only one who even partially understands what he does. How can you hope to have someone without an inkling of what is going on, test?

What about my offer? jgravelle says he will find someone to conduct the test, but he wants a kickback on the money that Jack will earn. I can get a chair (person, not something to sit on) from a major hospital, a couple of Psychology Professors, a Physics Professor, and a smathering of Professors from Harvard Divinity School.

The paperboy could probably get his whole 7th grade class. They would probably be the toughest, we all know how hard it is to fool teenagers!

Tests cannot be used to prove or disprove the unknown. A "valid" or near valid test could be used to route out some types of fraud (but mistakes will also happen), but it could never prove or disprove the unknown.

Tony Smile
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Chi if I can do what Randi says would be proof who cares how I choose to stage it?

Can you or any one you know of do it?

I have said a gain and again the same thing.

Step up and do it if you think you can.

Oh but they do not it quites them.

I extend the offer to you.

Mmmmm I know already the answer.

Jack

H.12/O.17A-X
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is it all REAL? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL