The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Clears Cups And Balls... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
EvanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of EvanTheMagicMan
Anyone know any good resources (internet, DVDs, or books) for clear cups and balls. I know you're probably saying that you should never do that but I saw some magician on some site with a video of clear cups and balls and even I as amagicaian was entertained. Thanks.
Genghis
View Profile
Regular user
Derby UK
180 Posts

Profile of Genghis
Was this the Penn and Teller demonstration? I didn't see it myself but I heard it was very good.

BTW, Is it just the cups that are clear?

G
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Do a search here for Jason Latimer. The cups are clear, the balls are solid yellow.

There's a video clip of him on (I think) YouTube.
The routine isn't available to the public.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
Seems to me someone was selling a set of Crystal Cups recently.
Does anyone remimber these?
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
I would love to purchase all the props. Mr VanVranken, or anyone else, coule anyone point me in right direction to buy the cups, his final loads and things?
Are they specially constructed? (Made specially for JL)
Thank you very much.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I was not aware Jason Latimer had published his routine or offered props for sale. There is an older routine on the market somewhere.

Going after this trick due to Jason's work is very disrespectul.

Monkey see -> monkey do is okay if you want to be treated like a monkey.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Sound advise from a sound sage...(a sound stage)...I agree with Jonathan, don't even think of tryin' tah do anything like Latimer's C&B's or Penn & Teller's neither, either or what not for that matter...

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2006-02-13 19:55, doublelift wrote:
Seems to me someone was selling a set of Crystal Cups recently.
Does anyone remimber these?

Yes, I saw a set like that on eBay. It looked like a fraud auction to me. He was selling three standard drinking glasses as "collectibles"

I said before that Jason's routine wasn't for sale. Neither are his props. I'm sure with some work somebody could reconstruct the routine, but why would you want to? It's Jason's "signature" piece, and for now it should really stay that way.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Oh no no please..... I think I misrepresented myself.
Just for pure info, my stupid brain was working away while I was sleepin and I do have the whole routine reconstructed minus a move which I forced myself to stop. I am not into stealing others work.
However, I am very much intersted in one of the main principal which makes this trick work, and am looking to use that. If required, I would ask him via some communication method if I can use that principle used to create his wonderful routine.
Once again, I am not looking into reconstructing or stealing others works. That is very blatant. I'm just looking to use that ingenius principle he used.

I was inspired by the routine, Not merely intrigued and was trying to reconstruct.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

P.S Oh omg, now I see why everyone thought I would reconstruct the routine..... I don't know what I was playing at ....>< but the words didn't write the way I wanted to I nthe previous post..

On second thought, if you think it is still "stealing" if I borrow the principle, please let me know, I'll give it more thought and stick with my original magic until he decides to "release" it - provided that the principle is his own.
Thanks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-02-13 23:03, mc_magi wrote:
... Are they specially constructed? (Made specially for JL)

The entire routine is his, including the prop designs.

Please contact him directly to discuss your intentions.
Jailhouse Jonny
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Jailhouse Jonny
Try the joke shop in Waukesha Wisconsin. Jeff the owner wrote up some notes on them
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Ah Thank you Mr Townsend for the info. I will contact him directly about using the bits.
Jailhouse Jonny
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Jailhouse Jonny
Here is a link
http://www.jokeshop.us/
http://www.jokeshop.us/book-list.html
Crystal Cups ($9.95) Campbell - This was my first published book (Micky Hades International 1983). It began as a challenge from good buddy Don Lamb to do the cups and balls with clear cups. The challenge was accepted by Ron Dayton and myself. This book is the result. (autographed on request)
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Oi.?
Lol. Maybe I should do some research behind this topic and see..
Thank you for everyone's help.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Nothing against the Campbell book, but I find it hard to believe Latimer's routine is taken from this 20 some year old book.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Well, I am going to be ordering one of these as well as contacting Mr Lattimer to ask if I can use his concepts in a routine. I don't want to say anythin at the moment - as you know, crediting and things is very complex thing and people come up with same stuff at different locations al lthe time. So meh.
I believe the routine is fully original to Mr Lattimer himelf as well.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
To be fair he can do as he likes as long as he dosn't try to sell the same routine as latimer. did vernon ask the egyptions about using the cups and balls? at one point I was coming up with my own version of clear cups and balls without realising it had been done. I still done it and perform it to this very day. at one point I was flamed because I suggested I was doing a bow and arrow card stab. just because mike carnavy does one version apparently I had to ask him if it was ok to perform a different version using a bow and arrow. get your head out the grounds, this is the real world, he wasnt going to produce and sell this routine he just wanted a source for a version of.

steve
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-02-14 07:00, Steve D wrote:...did vernon ask the egyptions about using the cups and balls? ...

To begin, the cups trick does not seem to date back to Egypt, unless you call making bread using molds a final load of sorts.

Vernon incorporated several PUBLISHED methods into his routine.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Actually pictures of the egyptions were found in mummys tombs. all I'm saying is this guy wants to try to come up with his own routine with a similar idea. theres no copyright or copying so leave it alone and stop trying to stop people from enjoying there hobby
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Mr Steve D.
Thank you very much for the understanding.
But the reason why Mr Townsend and Mr johnymystic have said those things was because of this post which was poorly worded.

Quote:
I would love to purchase all the props. Mr VanVranken, or anyone else, coule anyone point me in right direction to buy the cups, his final loads and things?
Are they specially constructed? (Made specially for JL)
Thank you very much.

I think that came across as trying to rip the whole effect off as it is. This, in my opinion as wel, is blatant stealing, as the whole routine would be his and using it as it is without his permission would be some sort of stealing - sure Mr Lattimer can't do anythingabout that even if I DID steal his signature peace, but that'd be downright disrepectful of me
Just a misunderstanding between post, I think (or at least I hope... as I don't plan to do such things).
Regards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Clears Cups And Balls... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL