The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » DeKolta Chair Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Dear all,

Would like to get Café members' opinions on which is the best method for the DeKolta chair.

I am considering getting a deKolta chair and using deceptive steps for the effect. But how do you justify the deceptive steps in the act?

I understand the best method for this illusion would be to use a t******r. However if not performing at a fixed theater that would be quite difficult.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reagrds,
Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
You can use the steps but you're right, you'd have to justify it in the routine/setting for it to be non-suspect. You can also use a b*se as Copperfield and others have done. There is a third option, which Paul Osborne outlined, which he refers to as "The DeKolta Sneak". With this method, Paul explains how to get the person out as the chair is being covered. It would work, in theory, but it would be nowhere near as clean as the t******r (not to mention the fact that you wouldn't be able to have clapping hands under the cloth, etc). Good luck!
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Hi Jeremy,

I have a new illusion design which can be worked as a DeKolta called Chair Up There. PM me or visit my website for details.

Best,

Chris Stolz.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Chris-

This Illusion looks very Impressive

You have some fabulous original effects

Thanks for sharing

I also think a version of DeKolta would be a great opening etc as mentioned on your site

I play large Theatres etc as I tour with a Hypnotist & open all the shows to big crowds-I like your concepts

-Brent
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Useing a b**e, as freefallillusion1 allready suggested would be much better idea.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you can justify the chair, you can justify the steps. The question is, if you're going to vanish a person, why do you need either (in the minds of the audience). Why not toss a cloth over the person, whip it away and they are gone? Even De Kolta would agree that was the mystery he was striving for.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Spellbinder, I agree with you...as much as I love the De Kolta chair I feel the hooded cape vanish is a "cleaner" vanish if you do not have a trap door. Back to the original question...Answer "One must have a reason for everthing in ones own act."
Best Regards,
James
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Thanks Brent. It's definitely one of my favourite pieces. I look forward to adding a performance video later this spring.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Hey Chris I love the new site.......keep up the good work.

Take care, Bryan
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Magicauction.com has a delkota chair on a deceptive base, on page 1 of their illusion bulider known section.

Take care,

Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » DeKolta Chair Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL