The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 7 Keys to Baldpate/Trickshop.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Is anyone doing the version of 7 Keys to Baldpate that Trickshop.com sells?
This effect is new to me and seems like it would be killer. I know there are several gaffed and un-gaffed versions available, but am curious about this one in particular.

Thanks
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
http://www.trickshop.com/seven_keys_to_baldpate.html

Price: $4.95

This is a very tidy "purist’s" effect.

That is to say an effect not needing anything "special" apart for the knowledge of the handling and a strong, well rehearsed presentation.

The handling is pretty easy and there is good rationale for all/any moves. You begin and end clean because you are.

Having had a "Wonder Lock" and "Luvrs Lock" I can hand on heart say I would pick this effect if I were compelled to choose just one "lock-based effect". As with any lock effect, a great deal of suspicion will natually be place upon the one tangible "antagonist"...the lock itself. If you are percieved as performing "magic"...what spectator wouldn't have a tiny itch in ther mind saying... "A trick lock I bet."

There are no sleights, gaffing or knuckle-busting in the trick, just a pretty simple handling procedure. You can get everything you need for the effect (the lock and keys)for about $10-15 (£7.50-10 GBP) and there is nothing to make.

As with other Trickshop downloadable effects the price is low, are nicely put together, clear and well illustrated. This file is PDF and is 12 pages in length. It offers Annemanns traditional routine of "7 Keys" as well as their newer version". You can either download your purchase and/or you can have it sent to your email address.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Thanks Tom. You were a huge help.
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8036 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Sounds really good, but how do you obtain all of the keys that are required?
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Tom! Your reviews have been very helpful.

Elliott
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2006-02-15 14:27, pegasus wrote:
Sounds really good, but how do you obtain all of the keys that are required?

Not to sound silly here, but any key shop will have what you're looking for, some even sell locks as well.

Here in the UK there are several shops that sell things for £1.00. One up the street from where I live sells two locks for a Pound. Each lock has two keys with it. I'll end up with three or five locks, but will have what I need for a few Quid.

Or you could buy a lock, take one of the keys to a key shop and buy a similar key type, asking the staff to cut the key, so it will fit but will not open the lock.

Richard Osterland has a rather excellent routine of this on his ETMMM DVD.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Is it different from Maven's Kurotsuke?
Thanks.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Don't forget my version in the MIDNIGHT IN THE DARK MUSEUM book.

Tony
tomrav
View Profile
Regular user
Middlesbrough,UK
167 Posts

Profile of tomrav
Quote:
On 2007-02-14 17:18, gab wrote:

Yes. Kurotsuke is an effect where there is five balls in a bag, one of them is black, the other four are white. five spectators each select a ball from the bag and the performer is able to identify who has the black ball.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I bought 7 Keys to Baldpate from Trickshop.com. It's OK.
It's worth the small price, but not anything that I couldn't come up with myself.
I also have correct-key.

I have tried this trick in many different ways.
I even used a version from the Seance book.
But I just can't get it to play big.
It may just be me though.

Randi
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Quote:
On 2007-02-14 17:41, tomrav wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-14 17:18, gab wrote:

Yes. Kurotsuke is an effect where there is five balls in a bag, one of them is black, the other four are white. five spectators each select a ball from the bag and the performer is able to identify who has the black ball.

Thanks... but I meant the same handling! Anyway, I would do it the same way!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 7 Keys to Baldpate/Trickshop.com (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL