We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Promo vid and site! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The_Shadow
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of The_Shadow
Hey there, I have recently just opened up my website and it would be greatly appreciated if you could go there and check it out? I have put on my two promo videos. If you have any ideas/suggestions for it or any general comments please get in touch with me using the contact page on the site. Please, if you can check it out and spread the word around! Thanks again, The Shadow.....

The link is: http://www.theshadow.tk

To avoid the annoying pop-up that may come up go to: http://shadowmagic.moonfruit.com/
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
^ good start... keep going I'd say... some of the text needs proof reading as I spotted a few errors
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
For any good magicians website, I would suggest:

Get a domain and PAY for website hosting, this removes all adverts / popups and costs VERY little.

Secondly, photos of you posing will not sell a thing. You want action shots of you entertining.

The more smiling spectators you can see, the more likely it will be that people will want to know more about you!

Gary
neoreform
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of neoreform
Shadow, keep up the good work! Decent site some corrections to be made as posted.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
392 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Shadow, I don't know if its just me but you seem to have a cross between Cris Angel and David Blaine going on there. The Shadow Levetation looks an awful lot like the balducci levetation. If you are going to put photos on your website, as suggested before, get them professionally done or have the photos of you in action. The video seems to have good editing as far as music and titles but just seems to lack professional quality.

Please take this as cunstructive criticism.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
The_Shadow
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of The_Shadow
Apologies for the confusion, the levitation in the video is infact the Balducci levitation. The tapes will get re-edited this week. Thanks for the comments so far.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
The videos should show you entertaining people. That is why customers hire you. Your focus seems to be on the tricks (you have a page explaining what the routines are?!?!)

Talk more about yourself. What you have done, and what people have said about you. Make it an interesting story to make people want to know more about you.

I like the music in the video, and the colouring of the website.

Personally I would have contact info on every page.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I agree Mr Bill. But you do have a very nice start!
Cliff Rusnick
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Cliff Rusnick
I'm not sure I understand.. are you trying to re-sell the balducci? why does it say you're filming a dvd for it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Promo vid and site! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL