The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blindfold recommendations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I'm just wondering about this...for those who've done blindfold work in their professional act...
What is the best blindfold to use? I'm trying to decide between the Osterlind Steel Blindfold, a marketed cloth blindfold, or just a folded "bandana" style...not sure which would be the "best" for me...and don't want to spend $75 or more to find out I was wrong..

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Rickmagic1
It depends on the type of performer you are and the material you are going to do.
For most of what I do when blindfolded, the bandana works best. Focus is on me and what I do, not the props I have. Everything I use appears to be normal, something you might have at home or even with you.
There are two exceptions:
1. I do a bullet catch with a pellet gun, I wear the metal blindfold for this. It makes the stunt more difficult, plus is gives me protection.
2. I have a routine where I use lead foil for the blindfold. The routine justifies this.

Tony
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Tin Foil works great! Smile
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Rick,

I have tried pretty many methods.
To me The Stainless Blindfold is the best choice, and what I use.

Sven
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
I too have tried a number, and find the SS Blindfold best for me, with or without coins and band aids, it seems impossible enough and if you allow spectator to put it on to test it, and do as the instruction suggest, they definitely will attest to the secure nature of it.
The Doctor Knows.....
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
I would suggest you invest in the book "The Mental Miracles and other writings of Wm. W. Larsen" and learn the ungimmicked method there. Works better than anything else with NO tricky things to find. Also, if you really want to do something on the slight different side, "Psychic Sight" by Jack Dean teachs the Kuda Bux act in it's totality and Stanley Jack's upside down writing trick.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

Check out John Archers DVD Blindfold tips. It is a very practical and deceptive blindfold routine.

Regards

Peter
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Peter:
Is that available for those of us on the America side of the Pond?

Tony
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
For me it has to a fluffy one. Doesn't matter the colour since I can't see whilst I'm wearing it. Although I personally like shell blue.
Oh and I also use special rope that doesn't burn the wrists or ankles.

Bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
I think it would be worthwhile to check out Osterlind's Stainless Steel Blindfold. It's not gimmicked, is exactly what it says it is, and works delightfully well. You can see a performance of it on volume 5 of Mind Mysteries.

http://osterlindstore.com/catalog/produc......ts_id/41

John
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Thanks guys...

BTW, bobser...tacky..simply tacky...

:rolleyes:
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
D.Paul
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of D.Paul
Hi, for anyone who uses Osterlinds SSB do you know were I can pick up the same band aids that he uses? I live in the uk and cant find the correct ones any where, a link even to a US website that I could order from would be fine.

Thanks
Darren
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blindfold recommendations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL