The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead nosebleeds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magiGlen
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magiGlen
Hey. Recently I've been working my way up to a nail for blockhead ( I have been using a q-tip and boy do I sneeze) . Well anyway today after I used a q-tip, my nose started to bleed pretty bad. Now this is nothing out of the norm becuase I get nose bleeds ( I have a vein close to the wall of my nose) . Later that day when I tried it again it seemed my nasal cavity had a wall in it, or was just very narrow. My question is, is this a wise choice for a person who gets nose bleeds to perform this stunt? How come my nasal cavity shrunk after my nose bleed? A thank you in advance for all your replies. I am self taught, so if anybody knows a teacher in the windsor ontario, detriot, grosse pointe farms area it would be well appreciated.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Hmmm.

First, get a teacher, even if you have to travel for it, or wait for it. It's worth the wait, and the travel. Set aside the time.

There are a bunch of guys on this forum, who shouldn't be trying to teach this or any skill, in this way. It's totally irresponsible. But it's a way of bragging about what they know. Don't fall for it. These are not double-lifts. You can get a lot worse than a papercut.

Also, decide that if you're going to practice this artform, it's worth a few bucks, to learn it right.

Todd teaches at Coney Island, in New York, and has a regular class schedule. I teach about once a year, and am about 120 miles closer to you.

The narrowing could be swelling. It could be a clot. It could be both.

Is it a wise choice for you? No. Is this a wise choice for any of us? No. But that's not the point, is it?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
743 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Ok. I gotta address this.
1) TAKE TODD'S COURSE (I did.)
2) Don't do this stuff by yourself.
3)As a physician, when my patients do something that makes them bleed, I usually recommend they STOP DOING IT.
4) Why did your nose swell up? Uhhhh....'cause your sticking somthing in it? It either got irritated, which produces swelling, or as Harley said, it could be clot. If you get frequent nosebleeds, this stunt might not be the thing for you. Nosebleeds actually kill a certain number of people each year. Then an ENT gets called, and when that doctor can't fix it, I get called. Then I have to feed a catheter up someones femoral artery, into their aorta, then into their common carotid artery (the one that goes to their brain), then into external carotid artery and then into the 7th branch of the external carotid artery (the internal maxillary artery) where I wind the catheter into the sphenopalatine artery. Then I inject particles that clog up the capillaries and CUT OFF THE BLOOD SUPLY TO THEIR NOSE. The vidian arteries communicate from the external carotid to the internal carotid, and this procedure carries with it, as risk of STROKE.
5) So, before you meet your nearest interventional radiologist (which you may not have in your area), in a way that you don't want to meet him, I refer you back to point number 1. Go take a course with Todd.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
A nose stroke? That's choice!

Stroke or pick, that's blockhead. Or maybe it;s stroke AND pick.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
I think sticking a q-tip up your nose is more dangerous than actually using a spike. You're definitely more likely to get an infection.
Regardless, you need to get a teacher. You'll not only learn how to do the effect, you'll learn THE ACT.

Any idiot can stick a spike up his nose, but not everyone can ENTERTAIN with it!
magiGlen
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magiGlen
Well thank you for all your replies. Right now I can't afford Todds 600 dollar course, but if I could I would definately take it. The blockage wasn't a blood clot for sure becuase when I have nose bleeds I always blow my nose and out comes a blood clot and my nose bleeds stop ( I've been doing that since I was 8 ) I didn't udnerstand a thing jeremysweiss haha. I do not see myself actually performing this until I have had actual training by a proffesional, but I will practice once in a while with a smooth blunt nail.
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
What is a q-tip?
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Its a cotton bud
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
A cotton swab.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Ah I see,
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Please don't visit the magic Café for medical advice.

see a doctor
see a doctor
see a doctor
see a doctor
see a doctor
see a doctor
see a doctor
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
Did someone call Smile?
magiGlen
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magiGlen
Haha
levitatingace
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of levitatingace
I completely recommend you take Todds course. I will be taking ASAP. until then, you may want to check out slims notes on the blockhead, but you have to be serious about the effect and the art to earn those valuble notes.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I wanted to bring this back to the top as I think it is important info. Kids, this isn't like sticking a sweet pea up your nose.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Speaking of taking Todd's Course, I was all excited this year for the Spring session, but when I asked for more information it turns out I have to wait 4 more years! LOL I should've known Smile

Anyways, the blockhead is one of my favorite bits. I always get the best reaction when I give the nail a nice big LICK after pulling it out. LOL

I think this whole psot is completely off topic, so just to make it worth reading...

Listen to Mr. Johnson. lol
If it is to be, it is up to me.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Dan you are extremely off topic and that is why I love you. Don't tell anyone.

I lick the nail before inserting it to lubricate it. Never after, that's gross.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
magiGlen
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magiGlen
I lick the nail after.....
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Licking afterward is a tradition.

www.bladewalker.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Thanks, Harley!

I also lick the nail, and from some comments I'd read, I was worrying that it had become a cliche.

Tradition sounds much better.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead nosebleeds (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL