The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need some ideas on how to reveal something! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christian_1987
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Christian_1987
Hi all!
This is the first post for me in this wonderfull forum!
I am sorry for my bad english and hope you can understand me.

I have started with Mentalsim
My problem is that I don't know how to reveal a thought of number or something else.
Its ok to just name it, after I have build up tension. Combined with a good presentation this can be really powerfull.
But I am searching for a cooler way to reveal some information that I got from a center tear.
I have hear from a product called "ghost card" or "ghost glass", where word/number appears on a window.
Can this be done impromtu or need I to force something (card) and write the card on the window before my performance.
It would be really cool, if there are some fancy ways to reveal some information I just got secretly from the spectator.
I also like the method criss angel does, where a spectator gets a small electric shock, and "feels" how his thought leaves his body Smile

So if you have any ideas, please let me know, but the method must be some kind of impromtu, where I don't have to prepare e.g. a window for the "ghost glass"

thanks a lot

Christian
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Get a sheet of index card stock, 8 1/2 x 11, or just regular paper... Break off a point from a pencil. Lay it on the paper, place your finger on the piece of lead, then have them put their fingertips gently on top of your hand...your hand starts to move and gradually spells out the word...just like an Ouija board planchette.

You could even draw the alphabet letters around the sheet, and make it like a real ouija board. Should be creepy and strange. Automatic writing? Telepathy?

It's creepier if you don't look at the paper while it's happening...
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Christian_1987
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Christian_1987
Thanks man, I will give it a try
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
On on of Banacek's psi dvd's there is a routine which involves a pen rising under a hankerchief as if by "magic" and writes the item on a blank index card.
gdomeier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gdomeier
You can reveal the name, number or whatever it is via the "ashes on the arm" effect. I personally like that.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Get the art of astonishment, and make up an angel case.

Then use the item to perform the following...

A slip of paper and a sharpie, lid off and writing side down, are placed in a card box. The box is then handed to the spec and they are told to concentrate, visualizing the pencil moving across the slip, projecting their thoughts. The pen and paper are then dumped onto thetable, or thier open hand, and written on the slp, as if my thier own remote powers, is their sellected bit of info. PM me if you have the Art of Astonishment, and I will help you out
xxx
johnwolfe
View Profile
New user
gettysburg, PA
48 Posts

Profile of johnwolfe
If the thought is something you force, Vol. I of Tarbell has a neat routine where the spectator's "thought" appears on a piece of tissue paper previously shown blank and held by a volunteer. Tarbell uses this to reveal the total of numbers selected and added up by the spectators.
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
Quote:
On 2006-02-17 12:11, Christian_1987 wrote:
Its ok to just name it, after I have build up tension. Combined with a good presentation this can be really powerfull.

Why fix it if it ain't broken?

Getting too caught up in fancy presentations of a revelation can reduce a great mental feat into a magic trick (from the spectators view point).

Less is more IMO.
BenM
View Profile
New user
UK
53 Posts

Profile of BenM
Sounds like the Criss Angel one might be a Sean Fields effect from 'Explicit Content' - I don't know though, as I haven't seen the Angel effect. Then again, I don't own said book either, but it sounds good.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Which angel effect ben?
xxx
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
I believe he is referring to the 'Tesla experiment', in Expilicit Content. Phenomenally strong routine.

The important this is to have a hook - Derren Brown writes interestingly on this - there is a difference between 'reading minds' and revealing information that you cannot apparently know. There must be some 'method', that you use (even if its only in your mind). REading body language, eye clues, ESP, whatever - the point is, there must be some process, that the audience can relate to.

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need some ideas on how to reveal something! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL