The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Slim's Torches (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Brent, If you use these torches as you should, they should last months before they need recovering... Remember, don't let the torch fuel burn out, a common mistake. What burns is only the vapor... These torches are made for pros, and hold a lot of fluid if you choose to soak them.
Thanks for considering ordering them...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Will, as you know, I have never been secretive. If I had pictures I'd post them myself... There are a lot of things most Americans take for granted that my wife and I have had to give up, and a camera and printer for the 'pooter are among them.
Slim

Thank you for considering ordering the torches...]
For PayPal, all you need is to log on and my addy is <sanscan@yahoo.com
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Brent, I usually ship the orders in about three days. I am in a powerchair, and the PO is about two miles away so you may need to be a little patient.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Slim, I could take a photo of the torch you passed to me (I love saying that- passed the torch). Unless you feel that would degrade the beauty and workmanship of the piece. Seriously, if you'd like I can snap a shot and send it to you so you can keep it in your files next time someone asks you what they look like.

TMFGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Nipps, that would be great! As you know from the Sideshow Gathering,These torches are meant to be worthy of a pro... BTW, anyone who is in the business, pro or fan, Should plan on getting to The Gathering. Possibly the highlight of whatever career
I've had occured there. WOW!
Thanks,
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
I am now thinking of ordering these torches. Maybe when my new order I put arrives and I get money back for that, I will order these. You don't see any foresight of these becoming limeted do you Slim?

Daz
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Dazz, I can't give you an answer about limiting them... I can see asking people to wait for them beyond my personal motives because of waiting for material, and do not want them to become popular among incapable fire bugs, who just want them for the frat-house and bar set. The orders I have are coming from real pros who recognize these are quality tools, and know they can bite in the wrong hands...
I will not ever let my reach exceed my grasp...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
PM'ed you Slim

Daz
Hernan
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
126 Posts

Profile of Hernan
Hey,

Frat houses and bars are good money if you can surf the scum.

I have placed my order, I hope you get the paypal soon.

All of us new pyro-philiacs are not familiar with extenguishing the flames when the fuel burns off. The kevlar wont burn so you can let the flame go blue. Although it is bad showmanship to do that.

I used to make torches of burlap and wax, not for eating but for lighting theater. And one thing to remember is that when the flames start to be less "exciting" that is about the time to extenguish them and relight a new one. The audience will wait, believe me, so don't hurry the process. In fact you get a few extra 'beats' to insert drama or humor. I saw someone prep the crowd for over an hour! He must have refueled and relit 10 times. The audience ate it up.
Just for a little dragon breath.& Fire eating.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I am anti-kevlar, and that is one of the reasons. One of the reasons for having three torch sets is so(most of the time)you have two out and one burning. Learn the pull out move or how to snuff a torch in your mouth...The torches are designed for that, and you can use your finger for a lighter. Just touch the lit torch,do the pull out, and carry the flame to the next one, a very pretty move... A slow act rather than a frenetic one looks like you are in control, as you should be...
I did the frat house stuff and bars for a while, but my point is to work good houses, not just for the drunks... Beter meals and better (money) audiences.
Just got your order, thank you. I'll try to mail them Friday, but I am also prepping a show... You'll have 'em soon...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Slim's Torches (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL