We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Out of all your impromptu trick which one gets the most reaction? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
The GodFather
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of The GodFather
We always do small tricks when we ask to. Which small, quick improptu trick gets the most reaction?

For me pen-etration is my usual finale and it hits everybody till they see me again.
"My goal is to spread around happiness and entertainment, by erasing the illusion of time and live in eternity "

The GodFather Magician
Jimmy Arson
View Profile
New user
New paltz, NY, USA
8 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Arson
I like the quarter bite the best. The gimmik's a little expensive for such a small effect, but the reaction is well worth the time the trick itself takes. My freinds love it.
-Jimmy Ace
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Rhing Thing,
CMH
for me.
Jake Boone
View Profile
New user
Cottage Grove, OR
78 Posts

Profile of Jake Boone
I've taken to carrying my Haunted Key around with me. It gets excellent reactions (at least in my neck of the woods).

-- Jake
"Trust everyone... but cut the cards."
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Greg Wilson's 3/4 Accross. Or Coin in Soda can although that isn't really small or quick.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Black & White Surprise always goes down well for me, or Ring on a String which I learnt from a Walter Gibson book
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3150 Posts

Profile of warren
I get great reactions with jay sankeys mr clean coins across which is very similar to 3/4 across by greg wilson,but cmh goes over great as well.
Magic and Drums
View Profile
New user
Germany
46 Posts

Profile of Magic and Drums
The one that gets most reactions is Ashes In Palm. I do it like some Voodoo thing... People are scared of me after that

Daniel
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I have been playing around with paper balls over the head and it is a great crowd pleaser, probably not as pleasing to the spec as it is for everyone else.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
Jay Sankey's Killer Key!
This always kills!

Go very slow and be very simplistic and redundant when doing this for people that have been drinking. You don't know how many times people have said what? You didn't do anything!

Jay
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
Either Jay Sankeys Departure Time or an impropmtu version of McDonlads Aces I learned a while ago from an old Dai Vernon tape.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Whilst performing for high school seniors at grad night at my alma mater one of the parents came around with pens and forms for a drawing to win a car. One of the kids handed me a pen and said, with a gloat, "Here, Mr. Magician. Show us some magic with this."

I went through my version of Gregory Wilson's Recap. The kids were floored. "He can do magic with anything!"
Dam
View Profile
New user
Brest in France
100 Posts

Profile of Dam
Out of all your impromptu trick which one gets the most reaction?

It's the classical application of the muscle pass, very impressive réaction, poeple remember this effect a very long time...
Two times you put the coin in your left hand and let it fall in your right, and the third time muscle pass from the right hand wich is under the left...
damien
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2067 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Dai Vernon's "Triumph" has always received great reactions for me.

Regards, Steve
Cascade88
View Profile
Regular user
Sam 104
109 Posts

Profile of Cascade88
The part in recap where the pen ends up behind my ear. I have seen other magicians perform this and they try to make this comedic by doing it slow and jokeingliy but if you do it seriously they don't notice for a while then you point up and bam knocks there socks off.
"Once is magic Twice is education."
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
Is it me or are half the effects named here not really impromtu?

My favorite effect is fading coin.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Truly impromptu: Coins across, Recap, Perfect Center Tear or for a larger group, Max Maven's "Desire" From Prism.
willmorton
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of willmorton
Crazy Man's Handcuffs
jgravelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Milwaukee (Head shown not actual size)
270 Posts

Profile of jgravelle
You gotta remember, I'm often surrounded by eight year-olds.

At my last impromptu performance, somewhere between the Color Changing Aces and CMH I was deluged with cries of:

"Pull your thumb off againnnn! Pull your thummmmmb offffff!!!"

:rolleyes: *Sigh*

Regards,

-jjg
cartoon cowboy
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster, PA
104 Posts

Profile of cartoon cowboy
I always got the biggest response with Milbourne Christopher's "Homing Match". I did it for the first time in a long time recently for friends from work at a happy hour. It blew them away! To my surprise, I got my MUM magazing the next day and it was printed right there! Fate? Perhaps.

If you get MUM and you don't know the trick, give it a try. It is truly impromptu - just sneak someone's matchbook at a bar. My tip: try to use a book with only about 5-6 matches left, all near to each other in the middle of the book. Think of how the matches look before and after the effect to the audience.

Enjoy!
Happy Trails,
- CC Smile
Erick Hershey
magic.hersheyarts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Out of all your impromptu trick which one gets the most reaction? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL