The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's Building a Tip DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
245 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
First if you want a fluffy and glamorous production then this might disappoint you. But if you want a DVD that cuts through all the bull and gives good straight forward advice and gets you the crowds you need to make the money then spend the money on this DVD.
First, you get to listen to Don go through the tip one on one. He uses the props that are used in the actual performance, goes step by step and slow enough that you can keep up with him. He gives some advice and some one liners at this point.
Next you get to go to the streets (Hollywood Blvd) with Don and watch him build a tip out of nothing. You see him go through the same performance he just talked about and you get to see the crowd swell as he talks.
After the tip is built, the DVD takes you back with a one on one with Don. He goes over a few more details with you and then introduces you to Zachary Paige. Don talks to you a little about Zachary's tip building.
Then you get to go out to Santa Monica pier and watch Zachary build a tip using his method of Don's pitch.
After you watch Zachary build a tip, you get some advice from him that is from the perspective of a busker,which I thought was a good addition to the DVD as Don uses this for pitching and so the different perspective was nice to see.
After you watch and listen to Zachary you get to hear Don give some final thoughts and he goes over a sight gag that he has included with the paperwork that he sends with the DVD.

This DVD is great for anyone who busks or pitches,well or anywhere that your money depends on the size of the crowd you draw in. The amazing thing to me about this DVD and the size of the tips this gets is that both times you are shown it, it is a holiday. Don does it on Easter Sunday and Zachary does it on Christmas Eve. The tip itself is pretty simple and gives the opportunity to customize it by inserting your own jokes and personality. I know for me that I have wanted to pitch decks ever since watching Don's pitch video but my fear had always been "How do I get the crowd in?" and now I have that knowledge to back up what I've learned from Don on the pitch video (now DVD).

I know some people will wonder if it would work for them and I don't have any experience busking or pitching but I can say that I think that this could work for anyone, as long as you can talk. If you think you need this to get your tips bigger then I would say don't think twice...just get it and you'll see how useful it is

Thanks to Don for sharing more advice with us!!!

This is available directly from Don at his website
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I agree with Curmudgeon...if you want to have crowds for anything you do this bally will draw them in.

It is something special to watch someone draw a crowd on Hollywood Blvd. when no one wants to stop. There is one point where Don is drawing a crowd and a girl running by actually stops in her tracks. If you watch the background you will catch it.

It's a time tested Bally, performed live twice, then discussed. You don't hear excuses, you see something work exactly as described, in the real world.

In the Gee Whiz Kid (VHS, maybe DVD) Jack Nyberg uses this bally to draw huge crowds for his jam auction.

It's old school genius, the kind of thing you hear about but never see...the old bally that can draw a crowd in a deserted room.

It's priceless and offered cheap...this is one of those things that may only be available a few years, then be gone forever.

It's real and it's magical...I like it and totally recommend it.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I ordered mine. Don is THE MAN!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
You can read a couple of other reviews here;

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......11&1
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's Building a Tip DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL