We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Prayers requested (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Hey everybody,

Just did one of the hardest things I have ever done. My son just enlisted in the Army today. We dropped him off today at 12:15, and his momma and I have never been so Proud, and so sad at the same time. Pray for him, and us, as we all have some extreme adjustments to make.
Thanks and God Bless you
Steve
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1824 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Steve...
Ours prayers go out to you, your wife and your son. I'm sure he'll make us all proud.

Keep us updated.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Remeber every night at nine to keep him in our prayers as many will drop for one minute to pray for the United States.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
God bless your son and your family for this sacrifice and for putting others' safety ahead of his own.

*jeep!
--Gran'pa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Wow, I am sure that is a hard thing to go through no matter where your kids go to once they "grow up". I have a 14 and a 12 year old and I know it won't be long before they fly the coup in their own way. Yet the military option has it's own concerns for sure.
I will remember to pray for him and your family, Steve.

note to self... don't forget to pray for Steve, his wife and their son!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
triadsong
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
170 Posts

Profile of triadsong
My prayers for your son, his unit, your family's peace of mind and all who sacrifice time and family for us.

peace,
Vinny
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Thanks Guys,
We really appreciate the Thoughts and Prayers. I guess I better understand what my Wife and Parents felt when I went in.

Thank God for the Peace that passes understanding, that he gives.

I feel very selfish all of a sudden, Lets remember all the Wives, Parents, and Children who have Mothers and Fathers serving their Country "In Harms Way", whether it be military, or civilian. I am as bad as anyone who forgets the people who keep us safe at home as well as abroad. Police, Firefighters, Rescue workers and many others serve silently at home and face as much if not at times more danger than the military.

I guess having My Son enlist has put me in a reflective mood. We have a Great Country, and I am proud to have my Son serving it. I just get a bit sad at times having my best friend be so far away for a while.

Thanks again for the Prayers, kind thoughts and for letting me share.
God Bless you all
Steve
Ps I'll definitely keep you updated
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Hey Steve, I hear you about your best friend being your son. Me and my boy, Michael, are best buddies and I hope we always will be. He is turning 13 in a couple of months.

Oh and by the way, he caught that fish he's holding up! We limited out that day and had a great day fishing out in Chesapeake Bay!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Hi Steve, I will also pray for your son and his safe return to you and you family.
My son Andrew is my best buddie, he just turned 10 year old this week.

All the best and GOD bless,

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Thanks Guys
I appreciate your prayers.

Our Children Really are a Gift from God.

God Bless
Steve
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Steve -
Thanks for letting us know about your son. We will pray!

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
My older son, who is almost 14, is expressing an interest in going into the military out of high school. He says he wants to be a Marine because "it just feels like the right thing to do." Knowing how I feel at this moment...a combination of proud, scared, anxious, and, I'll admit it, fearful...I can just imagine how you feel at your son actually IN the military. I have already decided that if my son wants to do this, he will have my full support...and I will be the proudest mom of a Marine there is!
I applaude your son for making the decision to join the military, and your ability to "let go". My prayers to him as he goes through basic training and to the entire family as you go through this period of adjustment.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hi Steve,

I'll be praying for your son today.

Mike
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Thanks for the prayers, and Margarite, your letting your son know he has your support (and figuring out how to let go, gracefully) will be the best things you can do for your son. That, and just being there for him.
Thanks again for the prayers and God Bless
Steve
Donnie W
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Donnie W
Steve
I'll be praying for your family for God's strngth and protection 73 Donnie
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Steve,
You must be proud of your son..a young man deciding to protect our freedom and provide for our security is somthing that we all take pride in. God Bless your son and God Bless America.
Best Wishes,
James
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Steve,

Our prayers go out to you and your family. Your son is extreamly brave and couragous to be serving the country.

Daniel
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Thanks again guys(thats an army gender neutral term-"guys" I believe I was once told by a missionary that it means cows in Hindi), (really Smile )

I really appreciate the support and prayers.

He really is a great young man, active in Church, an Eagle Scout, & Honors Student, but even if he wasn't all those, I'd still be very Proud of him.

I have overcome most of the sadness, Now I just think of him a lot and pray that God helps him make wise decisions, Blesses, and uses him.

Thanks again
God Bless
Stevens' Dad
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
He Finally called last night, said the Army had him Real busy in "hurry up and wait mode" Smile . He has been gone since 20 Feb 06, and still hasn't entered basic training, said they have a proposed date of apprx 12 Mar 06 to begin. Smile Smile Smile

I made friends with an Air Force guy on an exercise once who explained the Army very succinctly, just before the Armys' 200th Anniversary Celebration.
The Army, 200 years of service unhampered by change. Smile I'm sorry, can I say the "c" word without being bleeped, I know it's verboten in the army Smile Smile Smile

God Bless
Steve
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1777 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
My prayers are with you & your son, I know I will be having the same experience next year when my son leaves for the Marines.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Prayers requested (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL