The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Scott Xavier Hospitalized! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Thanks Lee!

I think we all become jaded depending on what our field is, its human nature. When you see the same stuff day in and out, its hard to just do your job.

I now do mentalism for everyone even when I'm off, why? You never know how bad that persons day is going and how much entertainment means. Also, you never know what you'll get from it.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
772 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Scott, I couldn't agree with you more. I have recently been doing some entertaining at the nursing home where my daughter works and the residents just love it. Not long ago I made a rose from a napkin for a lonely little old lady(late 80's). Well let me tell you something, her tear and smile was more thanks than any magician could ever want. You are so dead on with this statement. Keep shining.

Snidini
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I have read mentalists one here comment that they don't stay before or after a show! I understand we should be sought after, but isn't the joy and individualy treatment of the audience more important then smugness and a celebrity attitude?

The first person I seen do this was Chris Carter. Now there's a man who treats his audience as guests and not as clients!
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
This comment by Scott, just tripped a memory with me that I will share with you all, because I think the thought that follows is relevant.

I was privileged to eulogize my Step-Father when he passed away. Thinking about how very many friends he had, and how I never heard of anyone who had a bad for him, let me to this understanding of his nature.

Here is what I said.

He treated strangers as friends, friends as family, and family as Royalty. People cared about him, because he cared about them! He was a man of immense impact.

As performers, many will see themselves as above the audience, and their time too valuable for these "commoners...

But the ones who will be appreciated and properly honored are the ones who appreciate and properly honor their audiences.

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Anyone who wants to WORK should look to Bill Malone's 4th DVD in the "On the Loose" series, where he talks about dealing with clients after a show. Malone makes BIG bucks as a PERFORMER. And, for those who disagree with him, well, let's see if their paychecks match his - and if their careers are anywhere near his.

Same goes for Kreskin, Osterlind, Ross, and any of the other working pros who are making a real living.

But wasn't this thread about Scott being ill?

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Scott Xavier Hospitalized! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL