The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Branson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I will be moving to Branson shortly to begin my shows for the next year. Does anyone know of any clubs, conventions, etc in the area?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Christopher,

You will love Branson, MO. For four years I worked from Fayetteville, AR, south of there and loved it. I came back to Alabama in 1983. (The KinderCare international headquarters office was in Montgomery, AL.)

As far as conventions go, the next is the 35th Annual Cavalcade of Magic in Eureka Springs, AR. (That is just the Arkansas side of the state line and longer established than the MO side for magic shows.) That is the last weekend in March. Lucy and I will be performing there again this year. The end of April (April 29) is the Peoria convention and I will also be lecturing and performing there.

The best magic club in the area is Ring 75 in Ft. Smith, AR. It is very active and you will be surprised at the magicians that just drop in. It is the home of Bill Pitts.

In the 80's The Wizards of Ozarks was headquartered in Fayetteville. Its membership ranged from California to New York to New Orleans and Atlanta for working magicians. We are scattered again and the club no longer exists. I think Rusty McClung (The Great Xavior) in Georgia was the last president. Many of the members are retired or dead.

There is a new effort to re-establish a SAM Assembly in Fayetteville, AR. Contact Opie Houston in Austin, Texas for details.

Oklahoma also has active magic clubs and magic shops. (It was the warehousing and offices for Six-Flags. Some of the better agents work from Oklahoma. That's a trade secret I hate to give away!)

Of course, St. Louis is north of you. After the hay days of the Playboy Clubs in the 70s, I've really lost contact there.

Great Place! Great Folks! I'd go back in a heartbeat. Living in the Ozarks is living well.

Enjoy!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Magic of Dan
View Profile
Regular user
St Charles, MO
115 Posts

Profile of Magic of Dan
Christopher, definitely come up to St Louis for the Midwest Magic Jubilee in St Louis, August 17-19. For more information on the jubilee, go to http://www.mmjubilee.com
Dan
The Magic of Dan
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Chris,

Lucy and I will be just across the state line from you in the Ozarks doing magic March 29 - April 1. Rattle my cage! We'll try to get together.

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Branson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL