The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Mondo Magic in Singapore - Telecast on 21st Feb (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Foxstrike
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Foxstrike
I just caught the Mondo Magic special edition shot in Singapore. I was very very disappointed with the whole 30 minutes segment. The camera angles was so bad that many glimpse of the TT was caught on national television. On top of that, the bill switch done was so bad that for the whole presentation he did not even flash his hands to show that it is clean. It seem Benn was quite conscious of the camera picking up the TT.

Next, as a Singapore edition they should at least use more of local currencies rather than using US dollars. It look so fishy and out of place presenting a trick using other currencies. The segment whereby they transform 5 single 1 dollars (US currency) to 5 100 dollars (US currency),the spectators immediately ask to examine those notes but Benn was quick to shield those notes and immediately stuff them back in his pocket. That was the lowest point in magic performance I have ever witness on national televison. Spectators ask to examine the notes, magician stuff them back in his pocket immediately. They should censor this segment rather than allowing it to be air.

Next, Benn perform the 360 degree arm twist which was already so commmonly expose by Blaine in his televison special. As a Singapore editon special, I was expecting more unique and new tricks but was certainly let down by poor camera angels and old tricks. Overall the whole 30 mins segment was defintiely forgettable. I rate it 2.5 star out of a maximun 10 stars.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1295 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
I thought they cancelled that show.
It was interesting when it originally aired and they had some grat episodes.
Are they going to put them on DVD?
Mobius
Foxstrike
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Foxstrike
Not sure about the DVD though. Currently, the Mondo Magic Singapore edition is screening every Tuesday @10pm AXN channel for a total of 4 to 5 episode I think. So far the magic I seen is pretty disappointing!!!!! I hope the final few episodes they will do some justice to their fame street magics.
silapmata
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of silapmata
Give them a break man.. It is not easy to handle Singaporean cos they are more skeptical in magic cos of too much exposure.I mean they have seen too much TV special on magic.It will be more interesting if it is in Malaysia or indonesia.Anyway from a layman point of view the spectators still enjoy their performance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Mondo Magic in Singapore - Telecast on 21st Feb (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL