The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » A Card Effect for my first big Exhibition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wayne M
View Profile
New user
Bucks
24 Posts

Profile of Wayne M
Hi

I new here at the Café but really can do with your help. Next month I have my first big Exhibition (Trade Show). For those of you form the UK its the Ideal Home Show in London. I ve done some smaller Trade Shows before but concernrated on getting there attention and then giving out the company I was working for promotional lit. However this time I want to give them something from my magic that advertises the company. I feel this would be more effective for people to remember me and the company I will be working for. I thought the easiest way has to be to use cards but which tricks give the best advertising potential and original patter can be changed easily. Please help any ideas would be better than what I have at the moment.

P.S if any one fromthe U.K is also going to be going there to perform please feel free to PM me and maybe we can meet up or something.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
So just wondering, are you hired as a magician or are a worker that is planning on using magic?

I would also suggest that if you are looking for material only now, then you probably shouldn't be doing it... if you want to impress you should be doing things you know backwards/fowards and can do in your sleep, not some effect some internet Café suggested to you and you only worked on for less than a month.....
Wayne M
View Profile
New user
Bucks
24 Posts

Profile of Wayne M
Hi Daegs

Im hired as a magician. Well what I was going to do was see what any could recomend and you never know some effects in magic are amazingly simple to perform but really have a knockout effect and others although have a knockout effect need a little more attention to detail. So even if I didn't end up using at this exhibiton I'm sure there will be others in the future. I do have my routines set up already but as I mentioned they are great at directing peoples attention towards the companys own promo lit.
Lukas
View Profile
Regular user
Plymouth, UK
169 Posts

Profile of Lukas
You could get a blank face card get the company’s logo on there and do a trick with that. force the card to the person you are performing to and say you picked this card and that is only one of its kind in the deck, then you can go on a do an ambitious card routine with it. Try and get more than one card though so you can give the card to the spectator and still do the same trick later on. They can even sign it. Now the have the company’s logo in there pocket.

Hope This Helps, Lukas
Make the difficult look easy, and the easy beautiful.

President and Minutes Secretery of the Plymouth Magic Circle

www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Check out Gertner's stuff, his mental photography and unshuffled routines are pure gold.

bank night where you get money(or whatever) but they get "free trial offer" or whatever from the company is also great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » A Card Effect for my first big Exhibition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL