The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PSIvivor -Outlast; Outmental; Outlandish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Spawned from the Final Leap of Faith Thread.... and no, its not me on cough syrup coming up with this... probably watching members wanting to send others to Exile Island (or the Phantom Zone more likely...) and Olympics etc....

Premise: an e-version of "Survivor" with Café members stepping up to do e-mentalism, and other Café members to be judges that will pose "challanges" to do...

I think brainstorming here, we could have a lot of fun and develop more e-mentalism - the effects on this forum - sharing of the secrets (afterwards) on Inner Thoughts?????

Tony came up with the cool monicker PSIvivor...

So, this thread can be the brainstorm place to evolve this....

Winner - hmmm... A certificate? nah... as some seem to want... BRAGGING RIGHTS Smile...

We should decide if the fellow contestants vote out competitors or the judges/test/challenge setters....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Crdit for the name should go to Quinn, he came up with it, I just commercialed his name a bit.

Thank you Dr Spektor and Quinn. May the Mind Games begin, welcome to PSIvivor.

Tony
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2046 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I'll accept partial credit, but Tony's mod was a definite improvement.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Wow, I would love to be involved... panel of judges maybe?
xxx
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I'm for it as long as it amounts to something other than endless RV attempts and arguing. Mentalism "online" is a largely unexplored area, and could be interesting.

Ben Blau
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Ben brings up a very good point. We should have separate threads concerning the demonstrations, questions, comments, and voting. This thread could be used to guide people to the correct threads for the demonstrations, to post updates, and to announce results. A separate thread should be started by each demonstrator for the demonstration, and another for comments on the demonstration. This way, viewers could watch the demonstration and track its progress without being influenced by outside comments. (In short, bickering, complaints, and opinions are kept away from the demonstration.)

Does this seem reasonable?

Perhaps we can get the assistance of a staff member to move posts that are placed in the incorrect thread, to the correct thread? Tom, does that sound doable?

Tony
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20427 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Count me in!~
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
In fact - one thread can be the demonstrations - and another for "Peanut Gallery" - and one for rules / decisions etc.

First thing before that is to define the objectives....

Maybe there can be 3 challenges - if we need more - we can add more for 'Sudden Death'.... e.g. e-RV; e-Predictions; e-(x)pathy....

I also propose we have maximum 10 contestants -> each challenge the highest ranking with input from competitors and judges move on to the next challenge

3 Judges max - need a tie-breaker and 5 gets unweildly?

We need a time frame for how long we give contestants to do their shtick?

Assessment Guidlines:

Creativity

Artistic Merit

Technical Skill

Interactivity / engagement with audience

Level of Successfully accomplishing stated goal (i.e. maybe did a prediction instead of an RV...)..

Which brings up defining the challenges in clear ways with expectations but not so stringent that a performer can't interpet it a bit for the creative angle....

Oh yeah - we need a host/moderator Smile... like Mark Burnet, I perfer to stay in the shadows - I'd be happy to be a judge.. oh yeah - we need to figure out a way to pick the judges first!!!!

Is this too much? If we are going to try this - might as well do it properly - meeaning a good set-up and base
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I would love to host!

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 12:48pm
When and where are the auditions?

sign me up for the hosting job!
xxx
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20427 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would like to host, but many would disqualify me because of my position.

I would be a fun host, taking no position either way and being funny no matter what side I felt was right or wrong.

This idea really does have entertainment potential.

Wait I already saw the future, of course I can host!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
It was actually me who mentioned PSIvivor to Quinn in a PM.
Glad to have cleared this up.
bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20427 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Bobser I thought I saw your fingerprints on that.

Nice title sir! whoever sir turns out to be it is a great title. and concept.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I think 2 of the Judges should be Jim and Danny... seriously! This will be a bit like American Idol....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20427 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I hope Jim agrees to it.

He would be great. I wish he would jump in here, as he has spawned most of this weather he wants to admit it or not!

Jim, please join us on the "lighter side of the paranormal"! I for one welcome your presance. Your gift for the maccab, and the poetry will definatly make this more entertaining!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I am willing to help out in any way. I think this sounds like a good time.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20427 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Jim please join us.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Ok
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20427 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Cool. As you kind of are responsable for this in the first place it is great to have you abord!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hmm... although I wanted to be a judge - in thinking "Idol" like, maybe we should ask Annabelle to be the 3rd judge Smile...

Since Icy Rabbit is the only person who asked to host - I think he should be the host - I will happily co-host a bit for maybe helping with structuring the thing...

Posted: Feb 25, 2006 11:14am
(Hey Jim - if you are a judge - you can't use an alter-ego to compete with ) - hee hee...

(Then again - why not)...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20427 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Please re read all threads. J ack has died!

Although a seance may not be out of order now would it??

J ack may be back after all!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PSIvivor -Outlast; Outmental; Outlandish (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL