The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Winter Carnival of Magic - Pigeon Forge, TN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Well, the WCM is only 8 days away. Thursday night starts with an evening with Johnny Thompson.

http://www.ibmring58.com/htdocs_wcm/wcm_index.htm

Talent Line Up

Johnny Thompson
Paul Gertner
Gene Anderson
Terry Elton
Shayna Reed
Joseph Young
George Saterial
Duane Laflin
Chase Curtis
Todd Charles

Here is a link to the flyer
http://www.ibmring58.com/htdocs_wcm/wcm06_flyer.pdf

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
What a line-up. Wish I was closer!
Dennis Michael
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
I wish there were more interest...kind of has me concerned.....
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Hey Robert,

I think that the interest is there. We had a great convention last year in the new location, and we expect another great one this year. Stratman, Hopper and Vorjahan have done a good job of putting things together. I am very happy to have the close up competition back. I thing that was something that was missed last year.

But the theater is great, and we have a great lineup, so we are expecting good things.

Hope to see you there!

Scott Compton

Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
It's here!!!

Tonight - An Evening with Johnny Thompson
8:00pm - Country Tonight Theater in Pigeon Forge, TN

Hope to see you all there!

Scott Compton

Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Are there still plenty of guest rooms available?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
What a great convention so far.... more details afterwards.
Tysmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
171 Posts

Profile of Tysmagic
Wonderful convention! Wish I could have stayed around for the close-up lounge. Johnny Thompson was spectacular, along with the other preformers too. Too bad all good things come to an end.

Cheers,
Ty
:drinkup:
TAOBMAETS 666 or 999 Steamboat
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
The Houdini Room at The Casa de Cool
1596 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
I hated to miss it, especially since my friends Johnny & Pam were there. But I go to the highest bidder and Dollar General Corp. laid out the green baby!
Congratulations to Tom Gibson for his 1st Place win in the Stage Comp! That's the second year in a row that Nashville has taken the top honor!
Swing hard, swing often, and we'll catch ya on the Flip-Side!
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Hey BDC,

It really was great to see Tom win, he is a friend, and a solid performer, and it is great to see him recognized. (Next year, we will keep the trophy local though - I might have to enter Smile LOL!)

By the way, you gonna make Bristol's convention this year? Christian and I will be there, and at SEAM in August. We would love to spend some time working on some cane work with you if we can get our schedules to coincide with each other. (Get Lance to tell you about the silk moves in the cane routine. It's his invention, and he is currently the only one doing it.)

It was great seeing Lance and Robert Jones there as well.

See ya Buddy!

Scott Compton

ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
The silk moves are killer.

Christain did win first place in youth for those that weren't there. He's a rising star. When you see him stand still and the cane moves around him, you'll be blown away.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Hey Rick,

Actually, the silk moves and the cane going around his body have only been seen twice - once at Magifest and then here at the Winter Carnival. Johnny Thompson said that it was incredible stuff. He really loved the silk idea. Terry Evanswood said that he slapped himself on the forhead and thought "why didn't I think of that!" when he saw him do it. They had a one on one session after the Saturday night show and Terry gave him some nice compliments.

It was great seeing you and Sidney again, and I look forward to SEAM 2006!

Scott

Excaliber
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Excaliber
It was a great convention . I enjoyed seeing all my old friends and getting to meet some new people. I loved this past weekend because it was stress free.( I decided not to enter any contest) and it is a good thing I did not ! Tom Gibson was unbeatable in the adult stage contest,you could tell he was a working pro. My Jaw still hurts after it hit the floor ,during his Newspaper tear.( for those who were not there, too bad you will have to hear about it through internet lore) What a KICKER . And to Christian, I'm glad I'm not under the age of 17 and have to compete against him.CONGRATS you deserve it. And hats off to ring 58 good job. And the closeup contest set up was not that bad, good job getting that back in the convention.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Thanks for the kind words Lance. Our ring works hard to put on a good convention, and it's always great to get good feedback.

Scott

Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
The Houdini Room at The Casa de Cool
1596 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
It was seen at Reno too, Scott. Only, I'm the one who did it there Smile

Glad to hear that Christian is doing so well! And if I don't get booked elsewhere I hope to be at SEAM, and would love to session with "the kid"!

BDC
Swing hard, swing often, and we'll catch ya on the Flip-Side!
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Oh Big Daddy are you in for a surprise! NO ONE has seen these moves he does. Mainly because he uses a cane that is the ONLY ONE IN EXISTENCE - designed by David Mann. You will be able to buy one soon, but right now, Christian is the only one with that model. It can go 8ft away from his body.

And the silk moves, oh man, he invented them himself, so that can't be it either. David and I were there when he came up with it! It is pure sweetness!!!

See Buddy!

Scott

PS: We want to try to get out there and see one of the shows in Nashville, any suggestions on the best night?

ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Well, 1 1/2 in existance LOL... I have one of the platic prototypes with Mods from David, but Christian has the only metal one. (hence the 1/2)

And yes, his moves no one else can do now, and I don't even know if they could do them when they get the cane. Christain invents so many moves on his own *I* can't even keep up and HE showed them to me!! LOL
magician211
View Profile
New user
Key West, FL
63 Posts

Profile of magician211
Thanks Rick! Well that's all I do is try to come up with moves to fool a magician with the cane! Also making it look more magicial.It would actually be 2 because I also have a plastic one. They are now out, the thing is no DVD so you will need to learn tricks on your own. Later guys!
Christian
"Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination." Gene Wilder
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
What you end up doing, my friend, is creating moves to entertain. For decades, making anything float or dance has been always entertaining with magic.

When I was talking to Chase after his act, he didn't understand why his levi got the Ovation it did and metamorphosis didn't. I explained that. in the layman's mind, the floating of someone or something is the ultimate in magic. Everyone has wanted to fly since their youth, and that completes their dream.

The cane in your hands is true magic. I still think you have some hidden powers you're not telling us about! LOL
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Does anybody know of a site that covers this convention.My magic student Kyle Lewis won first place close up Jr.

I would like very much to read about him and all the other winners etc.

Thanks Don
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Winter Carnival of Magic - Pigeon Forge, TN (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL