We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Front-page news in the Chicago Tribune (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3009 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
On the front page of today's (2/23/06) At Play section of the Chicago Tribune, there's an article about mental magic that uses the instructions for three super-simple tricks as the bait for directing interested readers to the Chicago S.A.M. and two local magic shops.

I teach a pendulum effect, which reveals no secret at all -- it works exactly the way you say it does. Bill Pack teaches a simple card trick, and Tim Felix teaches a number trick nobody will even remember tomorrow. All illustrated with three lovely color portraits of the performers, suitable for framing.

If you're in the Chicago area, pick up a copy. If you're not, you can still read the article and even hear audio clips:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainm......set=true

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6275 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
More of Mr. Tobin's wild ride! Congratulations, Neil!!! Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
This is a great article and it does my heart good to see three of our local boys getting some wonderful press. Congrats Neil! I also work closely with Bill Pack (who is rapidly becoming Chicago's unofficial magic historian) and knowing his love for the Chicago magic scene I couldn't be happier for him.

The photos in the article are superb! Neil looks devilishly wicked, Bill looks like the last guy you'd want to play cards with and considering what a nice guy Tim is, I'm surprised at how spooky his picture turned out.

All in all an awesome piece of magicana representing our great city. I can't thank these guys enough for representing us so well!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Great mention Neil. You do 'Strange Magic' an awesome service. We're lucky to have ya!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Front-page news in the Chicago Tribune (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL