The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Card Packet Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Hello,,,,if you had to pick two out of the following newer packet tricks, which would you choose to buy,,,,( of course i,m looking for the 2 with the most audience reaction and WOW factor!! )

Double Back
Twenty One
Side Swiped
Temptation
Bicycle Thief

THANK YOU ALL !
Bob
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
If your interested in packet tricks, have you considered buyting Goldsteins "Focus" or the Paul Hallas book?

Either of those would probably give you much better value for your money.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Marvelous
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of Marvelous
I can't comment on Temptation but I have the other four.Side Swiped is the best,followed by Double Back.A distant third would be Twenty One,followed by Bicycle Thief.I hope this helps.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Bob,

You can see a video of Double Back at:

www.murphysmagicsupplies.com
The cards that you will get are Kings and 5s.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
dsnowmon
View Profile
New user
Ohio's North Coast
63 Posts

Profile of dsnowmon
Packet tricks can be stunning, but you can learn some pretty cool effects with non gaffed cards in a couple days. Try Dr. Daley's last trick.

regards,

dsnow
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Of the ones listed, I am only familiar with Jon Allen's "Double Back", which is a truly stunning effect.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
You can't beat Side Swiped. I use it professionally all the time, and it kills! I do it exactly as marketed with the exception of the timing on the 2nd move (hate the open move as it's too discrepant IMO...spectators don't know what you did but the discrepancy causes an uncomfortable feeling of "he did something"). If you have the trick, just do the second move while your other hand points at the place in the deck where they've just told you to stop dribbling. I wish I was the only one performing this effect...it's that good.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Get "Double Back", by Jon Allen for sure and "Side Swiped". See this review by Steve Brooks.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......71&0
Drive Carefully
Joedy
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Joedy
I know that this wasn't in your list, but the "Twisted Sisters" ALWAYS floors my users. I use a patter line about the Joker cards having an exclusive yearly convention, but this year want to invite a guest of honor - a red and black queen. Spec picks any queen, and then an opposite colored queen (so the Queens don't start a fight.)

The two Queens that the spec picks out are revealed, and the remaining cards are shown to all be Jokers.

Very stunning packet trick and can be performed again with minimal setup and different queens being chosen.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Double back is a very nice effect but I my self dislike gaffed effects . ,Try Gregory Wilsons "weighted aces" very similar to double back. Also amother favorite of mine is Domonique Divivier's "color Royale"

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Profile of Brandon Harper
I have to agree with Flip. If great packet tricks are what you are looking for, I highly recommend "Focus". There are more packet tricks in there than you could possibly want. You probably already have almost all of the gimmicked cards that you need. Get this book.
Pavlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Poland
306 Posts

Profile of Pavlo
Everything that was said about Focus is completely true and I can't add anything to this topic. I've owned other heavy books and after I got Focus I would never change it for any most talked about book.Great buy for reasonable price. Get yourself some D/B and D/F and a blank deck and you're set to have fun of your life.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
For everyone who likes "Double Back," wait until you see the version Bob Kohler will be marketing. I saw a prototype and it's the hands down best IMO...visual change, nothing wears out or needs to be reapplied, etc.
femur
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
175 Posts

Profile of femur
In 'The card magic of Nick Trost', there is also a very interesting section on packet tricks (using gaffed and non-gaffed cards).
Worth checking!
"I can't really think of a good quote to put here"
Florian Rago
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire
202 Posts

Profile of Florian Rago
INVISIBLE DECK IS SILL THE BEST PACKET TRICK IN THE WORLD WOOOOHOOOOO.
No seriously it really is gobsmacking to the lay-person.

Florian Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Card Packet Tricks (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL