The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Two future products (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
EVENT
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
170 Posts

Profile of EVENT
Hi guys my and my partner just came up with 2 brand new ideas and we will really appriciate if you could price each of those products so we will get a sense of how much to charge for them.

both of the are e-books and here are their descriptions:

PRODUCT NUMBER ONE:
If you liked "smoke" by darren brown you will surly love this little number.
a Spectator chooses a card that mysteriously vanishes from the deck into the spectator's own cigarette that he pulled out himself from your box, and if you feel really bold you can even make him find the card in the cigarette he pulled out from his own box!

The box and cigarettes can be fully examined and you finish clean.

[center] Warning!
this trick may cause heart
attack if used properly! [/center]

PRODUCT NUMBER 2

It was always there but now from a totally new perspective.
In the booklet you will find 4 killer routines and an explanation on making the gimick which can be made in 5 minutes using metrials that are very common.
most of the routines are sutiable both for stage and closeup performances.
the different patters are included in the booklet.

an exemple routine:
the mentalist sets an envelope on the table and declares that this envelope stores his prediction.
a spectator is called to the stage and is asked to sit down and draw anything he likes.
the envelope that was on full view the whole time is now being opened for the first time!
the crowd will be very surprised when the spectator says what he drew whice is exactly what is drown on your prediction.
this routine is the most powerful routine we've ever performed!

• NO STOOGES OR INSTANT STOOGES!
  • NO PRESHOW!
  • NO FORCES(exept those of the gods)
  • NO SWITCH
  • NO WIRES
  • NO MAGNETS
  • NO CUPS AND BALLS

not enough?! cause you will also get:
a duplicate drowing routine!
an impossible murder story predictions!
a great opener routine which involves cellphones!
this tool will show you a new world of possibilities and you will come up with ideas that are so fresh that they can replace mints!

if you made it that far then: Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17585 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Free to Café memebers as a "come on" to sign up for your newsletter......?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I personally would not buy the first one. The second one sounds interesting. I like Slims idea.
EVENT
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
170 Posts

Profile of EVENT
Be sure we will notify you when the site is officialy open.
the url will be www.magictm.com but right now you wont find anything there.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Cigarette tricks are pretty much out nowadays...and there are plenty of older methods to load the Card in Cigarette...so unless it is new and or easy, it's best to have it as a part of your larger book.

The second one...again, if its new and or easy...$5 download? "Better a fast nickel than a slow dime" as Grampaw used to say. Better to sell 100 at $5 than 20 at $10.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
EVENT
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
170 Posts

Profile of EVENT
The cigarette trick workers in a brandnew almost self working way that I'm quite certain I've never seen.
and just to make a point, this is not a cigarette trick. it's a purly mentalism trick and the cigarette is a mere prop!
imagine pulling a cigarette from your box that you brought and find the cigarette in your mouth containing a card which you have selected. you really could have chosen any other cigarette from the box
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
EVENT:
That is not a mentalism effect, that's a magic trick.

Tony
EVENT
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
170 Posts

Profile of EVENT
Ok... well and for the second one?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Would think a heart attack is not a desirable finish to a presentation.

It would really diminish those wishing to see you work.

Just my opinion.

I got a thing with an orgasm type thing many would like.
But it is not as long lasting as a heart attack.

So most would probably pass it by in preferance to this.
(Just so ya'all know I was just having fun do not pm me about the trick)

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Did I read that right Jim? Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

EVENT:
I sent you a PM.

Tony
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

My suggestion for the second one would be $12.00 Buy the two together, $20.00.
Michael Seltenreich
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Michael Seltenreich
Hey I'm the second creator of those products and I got to say the second one the tool I use the most we didn't want to reavel more cause your figured that might give out too much.... but listen you can do things with that, that before were possible only by preshow or tv editing, for real! you can do a whole show around those ideas(that are a lot more then specified) and everything is so powerful! but please don't take our word for it. those days we are sending the booklet to some of the more known and I think their "word" is more valuble!

oh and I have a nicer description of the cigarette trick, have a look! Smile

Effect: spectator chooses a card and is asked to remember it. Afterwards you reach into your cigarette box and pull out a cigarette for yourself and ask the spectator if he wants a cigarette as well, if he says “yes” then you’re in luck. While the spectator holds the cigarette he chose you ask him to imagine putting the card he chose into your cigarette box when he says he did it you let him open the cigarette box and find absoultly no card inside…. When you apologize politely you light up your cigarette and offer a light to the spectator soon after a few puffs of the spectator’s cigarette he will find himself coughing when he does point out to the fact he has a lit card inside his cigarette and the card inside is the chosen card. And that infact the card is no longer in the deck.

The cigarette the spectator chooses is a totally free choice.

With a little risk of getting got and a slight change of the routine the cigarette can be pulled by the spectator from his own cigarette box.

The box can be examined for gimmicked cigarettes but all the cigarettes are totally regular.

packs tiny plays huuuuuuuuuge! hehehe
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Listen, I value no ones opinion who did not pay for the work.

I do not play that b.s. game with marketing my work and do not fall for it from others.

Sure for free it might be OK but for my cash it might me garbage.
(Not saying this is but just offering my opinion of the current state of marketing in the magic world.)

You want truth talk to the guys who put out $$$$ for the thing.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Michael Seltenreich
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Ofcourse anyone who will buy from us is encourged to post his opinios and suggestions or ideas with our product. every opinion is valuble to us
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
C'mon man.

Listen I paid for an add on the Café' and will again very soon.

If a creator of content thinks his work is of value they would do the same.
(In my opinion)

My gosh a big add is only $200 and a small $100

Jim
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Sounds like nice tricks/effects.
Quote:
On 2006-02-24 15:23, EVENT wrote:
[...]
the crowd will be very surprised when the spectator says what he drew whice is exactly what is drown on your prediction.

Questions regarding how the effect is perceived:
1) The spectator only says what he drew? You cannot show the two matching drawings?
2) If you in deed can show the two matching drawings - are they always pretty much exactly alike (including if the drawer misdrew something)?

General question:
How many times have you guys performed these effects for laymen?

Quote:
On 2006-02-24 16:47, TonyEye wrote:
My suggestion for the second one would be $12.00 Buy the two together, $20.00.

On what do you base these pricings Tony? Do you have more information about the products than what has been stated here?

Thank you all.
Michael Seltenreich
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Well actually you can show the two pictures... don't worry about it. but altough tom likes this effect the best I think there are a few tricks that are not specified here that are extremlly more powerful! I guess that after someone will buy it you will see what I'm talking about.
actually for the second product we wern't gonna go under 50$.... we've derran brown perform a version of this effect that is less impressive so... actually that's how we came up with this idea, as an improvment of one of his tricks but as time went by we learned that what we had in hand is actually a really powerful tool!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

No information here, I just based the pricing on known author's ebooks and subtracted a bit. Greg Arce's DEEP THOUGHT also offers 4 routines and he gives it away for $20. Richard Osterland is charging just $25 for his new ebook offering. These are known creators with known quality material. I would expect to pay less for a lesser known entity. You charge what the market will bare.

Tony
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
...and I'm basing my prices on what would catch my eye as a total consumer (and not knowing the method). If others who knew the method liked it and started touting it, I'd listen more, and probably pay more.

BUT...all these are suppositions based on not knowing the method, and therefore, are based on ignorance.

I think asking blind the value of an effect ignores the idea that to truly know its retail or personal value, you'd have to know the method too.

I, for one, can never know the true value of something until I know what it truly is effect-wise and method-wise.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Two future products (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL