The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » A cautionary tale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
Posted by: Harry Murphy (Jul 6, 2002 5:40pm)
Well friend, first of all, unless you have spent months going barefoot, you need to be prepared to be cut! It’s going to happen! From time to time until you get the knack of this down you are going to be cut.

I read this post some time ago and, aside from the occasion splinter in my hands (?) my feet survived...until last night.

In front of a full house of chanting audience members I walked slowly across the glass with bare feet. I reached the other end, slowly walked back to the middle, faced my audience, spread out my arms for complete silence and then jumped up and straight down bare foot onto the glass.....

....I now have to go into the theatre early and clean up the bloody foot prints off the stage!
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Yeah...that sucks.

It's a hard way to make an easy living. Smile
freak things like that happen sooner or later.

brett
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
If a shard has your name on it, that's it man. Still, you got off on it, didn't you?

I don't jump on the glass, but a shard found me once, and when audience members came up at the end, one of them looked at a shard and asked, "Is that blood?"

I picked it up, said, "Why, yes it is," then presented it to him as a memento.

For all I know someone is showing it in a grind show now.

Yours,

Paul
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Haa!
I find both the grindshow refrence and that fact that someone took the bloody glass, extremely funny.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
People will take anything as a souvenir. I used to get rid of cinder-block chunks that way. Had to autograph them too!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Heh yeah...I've done that too.
people are funny in their ways.
but I've switched from using a cinder-block to a 70 pound anvil.
(a hell of a lot less clean up after a show and makes a nice ringing noise when it gets smacked with my sledge hammer.)

Brett
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I stopped doing cinderblocks unless I know the person swinging the hammer. I got hit the wrong way, a few too many times.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Yeah, I know that feeling too!
whenever I use block I always have my partner swing the hammer.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
On the old TV show, "Circus of the Stars", I remember seeing Brooke Shields getting a bad cut on camera. It happens...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I'll have to ask her about that the next time I see her.

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
The most common cinder block injury I've noticed (and I've seen a lot of 'em) would have to be the errant stray chunk of brick fly into one's face while on the bed of nails.

Brett, the BEST place to make an anvil ring nice and loud is the heel of the face (the square flat spot at the back). There are even "musical" anvils available that are used in symphonies and such, but they cost a pretty penny. Also a word of caution: cheap anvils are cast iron and are subject to cracking when hit enough. Technically they're not even anvils, they're referred to as anvil shaped objects (ASO's). A true anvil should be forged wrought iron with a forge welded steel plattern on top, has a square hole in the heel called a hardie hole, marked in English hudredweights and so on. True anvils sell for as much as $5.00 a pound. SO, my 108 pound Wilkinson anvil I use is worth over $400 and I would NEVER use it on a stage.

http://www.greatnippulini.com/sagesmithin.jpg
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The next night I stuffed up my card memory routine. I can tell you which was more painful!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
OW!

With cards, you get paper cuts.

www.bladewalker.com
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
And lets not forget my fragile ego.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » A cautionary tale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL