The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ebay cup nonsense (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Did you ever wonder how stupid they think we are?

Currently, there is a "trick" on eBay. The listing reads:
"3 Cup Magic Trick Unbelivable Trick"

There is no description of the "Unbelivable Trick." So I asked the seller what the effect was. His reply:

"it is a kids game to play. You put the clip under the cup and try to have
the other person guess what one it is under."

The "Unbelivable" part is that some yo-yo would put a piece of junk like this up for sale on eBay. Wonder who will bid on it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
294 Posts

Profile of geemack
If I win it I'll certainly spring for the $19.60 for overnight express shipping. I mean, after all, who could stand the excitement of waiting!? Smile

Greg
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
What the? I just did a search on that. Ridiculous! Sellers like this "technical daddy" should be punished.

Hmm, maybe I am wrong. Imagine that under each cup is a clip (clipped) and slight pressure releases the clip under the "wrong" cup... probably not! Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Why do you think I post this here? It is punishment.

Was für ein Misthaufen!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
A sucker is born every minute; remember buyer beware!
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
But the cups are translucent!?! I want to convince someone in "New to Magic" to buy it, just to hear what the instructions (if any) say. I bet Roland is right. "You think it's under here? No it's under *CLUNK* this one. Now let me stick it way up under the cup, and you can guess again."

Bill, will you use the same photo when you add them to the museum?

By the way. I like eBay's search function. Maybe we should get somthing like that here.

Posted: Feb 25, 2006 8:39am
--------------------------------------------
Aw. He's not selling any other magic. I was hoping he'd have a chop cup routine with refrigerator magnets and a steel cup.

Too bad he isn't selling the stuff he was smoking, when he put that up for auction.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
stormchaser
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, AB
200 Posts

Profile of stormchaser
This is hilarious! The cups are translucent, and anyway, it probably costs less to get some drinking glasses and a paper clip. I wonder who's gonna buy this. "Hello! My name is techdaddy, but some people call me LIEK DAVID COPPER UM BLAYN!"

Josh, that's hilarious. What about sponge balls? "Note: sponge balls may not actually be balls. But you can cut it into the shape of one... just get the soap out of it from the last time I washed dishes with it before you do. Comes with complete car washing um I mean MAGIK instructtcitongts!"
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

A magician is an actor playing the part of a magician.

Don't run when no-one's chasing you.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I wish this idiot would register here. What fun!

If he just hadn't called it a magic trick!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

FatTony
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, Texas
121 Posts

Profile of FatTony
Zigzag boxes stuffed with little sheets of flash paper.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. - Einstein
stormchaser
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, AB
200 Posts

Profile of stormchaser
Ooh! Ooh! Or maybe "Mickey Mou um hades finger gilloteen": Two table knives taped together at the base at a right angle. "Warnig: not responsible for butter sprea um fingerr liek falling off or sometig"
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

A magician is an actor playing the part of a magician.

Don't run when no-one's chasing you.
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
Ebay has become a pretty sad place and this is just one example. Many times things on Ebay are over retail. Sometimes its just junk.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yep. The trick is knowing the difference.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
You know what would be really funny? If this guy is just so bad at describing what is in fact a total killer trick that almost no one buys it and then down the road the one person who does does it at a bunch of conventions, and everyone is just blown away, and then we find out it's this moronic sounding trick on ebay? Personally I think that would be a hoot. That's about as perverse as I get though. Best,
Brad Burt
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2182 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Maybe if we gave this effect to Libor he could work something out with the translucent cups, he did it once, maybe he could do it again, that would be Magic.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Brad, I had the same thought. He's probably the youngest Bamburg, who decieded to sell the family's last biggest secret.
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Josh, just think of how many times the write up of a trick in a book, etc. sounded really terrible. Next, week you see it done by someone at a magic club. Where'd you get that you ask your brother magician only to find out it's the trick you thought would be terrible.

Frankly, I think Bill nailed it, but I still think it would be a hoot if it turned out to be a really cool trick...it's the imp in me. Best,
Brad Burt
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
I'm watching the auction, if it stays at $1 with an hour left I might just take one for the team and buy it. A VERY DETAILED review would follow, naturally, maybe even a video clip!
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

MinnesotaChef that would be too funny. Not to mention it might encourage him to release the manuscripts for the "Got your nose magic trick" and the "Pull my finger magic trick".
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

5 hrs left and no bids. The real collectors always wait for the last minute.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Last 3 seconds with snipe software!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ebay cup nonsense (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL