The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Berglas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
mackmania
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County
137 Posts

Profile of mackmania
I'm in the middle of reading Berglas's book and it's fantastic. Does anyone have a favorite effect from the book? Does anyone know where to get videos or DVDs of David performing? It's fantastic.

Cheers,
mackmania
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." ---Joseph "the Amazing" Dunninger
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6320 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
The man is a genius. He became my new performing god when I read that book... and then reread it several times.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
True! The Man (and the book) are treasures.

Sean
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2845 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
There is so much to be learned in the Berglas book and most of it isn't effects. He thought big and was a great showman. His creative twists are inspirational. Hence the comments above.

As far as effects, the high quality information on equivoque could be a book in itself. There is one particular effect, not one of the flashier ones, that for some reason always stays with me; Add Infinitum. Several variations, paralleling its evolution are explained. Make sure you get to his final version.
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
Wonderfull book !

newspaper prediction
matchmaker
ESPacology

IMO
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
::sigh::

But no chair routine explanation. It's been keeping me up at night.

Well, the entire BOOK has been keeping me up at night. It's amazing. If it was easier to get, I'd say the book should be required reading for ANY mentalist and/or magician.

Actually, I think it would be required reading if it were re-released without explanations. Reading it, it almost feels like someone sat down and thought "alright, if someone were REALLY a magician in this day and age, what would they do?" and created the story of Mr. Berglas. Just reading the effects, and knowing that they were created using regular (or sometimes irregular) magical means, is completely inspiring.

But, the explanations are inspiring as well to a) see how far outside the box it's possible to think and b) to see how far someone will go, in some cases, to achieve an extremely magical effect. ::grin::

E
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Is this book currently available?
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Yes. You can find it at http://www.jimsteinmeyer.com/catalog/books/ .

Curt
smokingkills
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of smokingkills
I love his newspaper prediction type of effect. Recently met him - he showed me any card at any number, whilst driving in traffic with MY deck of cards! ;-)
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
What is the effect of the Newspaper prediction?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17558 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What's up with The David Berglas File, being sold on Hank Lee's for $5?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Smokingkills: I don't believe you.

- entity
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17558 Posts

Profile of Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Read my post again.

- entity
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17558 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sorry!
mackmania
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County
137 Posts

Profile of mackmania
Hey, it stinks about the table levitation not being revealed. That book is probably the best I have ever read (I'm still reading it). All of the stuff is so amazing and he seems like he's a superb showmen. I second Slim King on trying to find out what this David Berglas File thing is. Smokingkills, you really met him?

Cheers,
mackmania
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." ---Joseph "the Amazing" Dunninger
noumena
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County, CA
136 Posts

Profile of noumena
Over the last few months of working on my theater show, which opens March 16th, I have to say that the Berglas book has been one of the greatest sources of influence and inspiration for me. While several of the explanations are inclomplete or vacant there is so much attention to detail. I think it is one of the rare books that actually teaches how to perform by strong example. I have read and re-read it at least a dozen times over the past 3 months and have learned something new and profound every time.

- Brandon
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Wowo this book costs 200? but from what I am reading, it seems to be worth every cent. Now where can I find such money Smile
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Does this book compare with other presentation books at all ?
It's a lot of money, but sorely tempting.
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1737 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
It has been a favorite in my collection since I made the purchase. It does make one's head spin. The stories are wonderful - it's hard to put down. It is quite inspiring and has spawned many ideas in my head. It's also a beautifully produced book. It's a wonderful window into the man's life and legend.

-Patrick Redford
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Berglas (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL