The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Quick tricks for kids. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
osmar
View Profile
New user
Burke, Virginia
32 Posts

Profile of osmar
I usually do a torn and restored dollar bill.....
Daoist
View Profile
New user
Taipei, Taiwan
19 Posts

Profile of Daoist
Edith and Magicman, I'm surprised you can't fit these things in your pockets! Here's my load:

Deck of cards in my pants or coat pocket.
A d'lite in my two front coat pockets.
A pull in my right coat sleeve.
A TT and book of matches in my inner coat pocket.
Two rubber bands in my back pants pocket (I keep them there so they don't get tangled with my keys in my front pants pockets).
A few coins -- ::sigh:: yes, including a folding coin =)

This might sound like a lot, but I don't even notice it. It's always there. An overcoat definitely helps. Do I need all this stuff? Absolutely not. But again, I don't even notice, and kids love it.
I'm...I'm just not feeling STRONG right now...

Uri Geller, 1973, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Jumping Gems
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Couple of real easy ones: All you need is a coin, which you probably have. Place one fist up by your face, and pretend to rub the coin into your elbow. "Accidently" drop the coin, say "oh-oh", pick it up with the opposite hand, pretend to transfer it to the hand you were using, and then continue to rub it into you elbow until it disappears. Also all you need is a couple of sheets of Kleenex to do a torn and restored effect.
Williamanon
View Profile
New user
Atlantic Canada
45 Posts

Profile of Williamanon
I have gotten great reactions from the 6 and under crowd with just a French drop repeated again and again.
F-Hmagic
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of F-Hmagic
Brad, I searched (quickly) for the "Finger Mouse" and all of the links that I found were for computer mice. Where would I search for something like this?
Thanks!
What?! How'd that get there?!
gollymrscience
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of gollymrscience
All good suggestions. I find in this day and age its very important that you approach strange kids and their hyper vigilant parents with tact.
Don't want some poor mom smacking you upside the head with her purse because she thinks you are some sort of wierdo making a move on her kid.
I find kids are usually staring at me anyway ( that's just the way kids are and not any particular comment on how I look ...I hope) so I do something magical that does not call for me to demand them being an audience. They just happen to be there when something happens. A TT appearance of a cloth to wipe my glasses, a multiplying coin to create change for the bus, a TT vanish of someones cigarette before they have to get on the bus. If things go well then maybe a bit more and certainly only after I am sure that the adults with the kids have "checked me out". A simple smile and wink to the parent as the kid whispers to them about seeing something happen and I usually secure permission to do anything short of sawing the kid in half - maybe even that depending on the parent's patience with the kid that day. I have had the occassional request to make the kid disappear.
Magicshore
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Magicshore
I usually carry a half dollar, which has endless possibilities, along with a TT, a hot rod, and Lady Bugged.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Magicshore, most kids these days would probably just be amazed by the mere existence of a half dollar. They've never seen a coin that big! Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
I always have change for me so 3/4 Coins across for me
Magicshore
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Magicshore
How right you are, Airship. And to top that off, after they see the half dollar they experience the jumbo version which totally blows them away. That's right. I forgot to mention I also carry the jumbo half. I don't leave home without it.
onebark
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
141 Posts

Profile of onebark
Quote:
On 2006-03-25 18:03, Edith wrote:
Where do you carry those things with you?

It seems to be quite a lot sponge balls, a deck of cards, d'lites, silks... I can't fit all that stuff in my jeans pockets.

There are so many great unisex bags that men and women can carry now days. I have a TIMBUK2 that my wife bought me that holds everything I need...that I carry my wallet, cellphone, credit cards, pens, small notebook, sharpie, coins, cards, packets, etc, etc, etc. Being in Europe I'm sure such a bag would be quite stylish.

I've even used my empty digital camera bag to pack silks, TT, coins, and cards.

Es macht spass, Ja?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Certainly disappearing jelly beans, rope and coins tricks and color changing handkerchiefs can be quick tricks. If the kids' parents are with them waiting for the bus, they will be entertained too and remember you the next time when your magic flyers are circulating the neighborhood.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
cardpunk1206
View Profile
New user
oregon
51 Posts

Profile of cardpunk1206
Sponge balls is the best way to get the kids. It works for me every time.
We Need To Be Astonished. -Paul Harris
RickCastro
View Profile
New user
Chino, California
12 Posts

Profile of RickCastro
I use sponge balls in all my restraunt work, combined with a jumbo ball finish! Also Full Circle, one of my marketed effects is great for kids!
Rick Castro
made2amaze.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Quick tricks for kids. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL