The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Keeping a journal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

petethecreeper
View Profile
New user
N. California
73 Posts

Profile of petethecreeper
Hey There,

Do any of you keep a written journal of unusual facts or ghost stories?

I've been keeping what I call a "Black Morgue" for a while now. It helps me keep things organized, and in a special place..so if I ever need inspiration, off I go to The Morgue
-P Smile Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I don't kep a journal of such things, but I do have a library of unusual books & many related items saved on my computer. If I am working on a routine, I will write the story out to help me work through the effect.

The Black Morgue is a wonderful title Smile

Smile
petethecreeper
View Profile
New user
N. California
73 Posts

Thank you, Ichazod.

If any of you are interested in a method of making a cheap, but antique and arcane-looking journal, let me know.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
you mean how to make a book look old? Smile
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
petethecreeper
View Profile
New user
N. California
73 Posts

Not just making a book look old by aging it (soaking it in tea/coffe/cola etc.), but also how to either make one from scratch or rebind a cheap journal into a more suitable cover.

The Black Morgue that I'm writing in now is 30% store bought and 70% scratch built.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
In my show i was thinking about bringing somone back from the dead so he could contact juggle. it would be neet if i could recite something from a rebinded book. what are your secrets? Smile Smile Smile
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I keep a journal where I jot down ideas and questions I would like answers to. This has helped me adapt, create, enhance, discard, and learn from my performances and effects.

It works for me to keep one. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Keeping a journal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL