The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Digital Feedback (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Do you any of you guys use this as a closer to your stand up stuff? I think this is awesome and want to use it as a closer. I'd like to hear from anyone who's used this as a closer, how it plays that way, and any general views people have on using it as a closer - and also, any views on criteria for a closer.
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Snail,

I don't do Digital Feedback but IMO it is no closer. It is nice and strong but I think it has to go in the middle of a show. My closer is most of the time a baffeling mind reading stunt. I did "Phone Psychs" from Banachek on my last show, but used a regular book instead of a phone book. I ended and the reaction of the crowd was great. It was a club and I went to my table but could hear how they still talked about the number for awhile.

Just my thoughts

Cheers,
Jarod
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Snail,

I think it depends on what you mean by stand-up. If you mean in front of a larger audience, and what you might call a parlour or stage show, I always do my magazine test or something similar. If, however, you mean a close-up walk around situation, then I use Digital Feedback all the time as a closer. Either that or the Solid Ghost if there is a table available.

It all depends on whether you are working out of your pockets or out of a case.

Richard
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Dear Richard and Jarod,

Thank you for your lovely responses. Richard, I'm very darn frustrated because I can't find a pencil anywhere that will do what your cross pencil does in the UK. Smile But I haven't been able to find many Cross pencils either - and I'm dying to give this test a go!
Can you tell me whether any Cross pencil will do the job. It's very hard to go into a top pen shop and start twisting their pencils around(!) I heard good suggestions about using a pencil and dipping it in glue and all sorts, but I need to try your way first.

Thanks guys, this means a lot.

Snail.

As for Digital Feedback, I will take Richard's advice from a PM and do this as my walk-around closer. It's just so killer!
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Snail,

The kind of pen/pencil set you want is the Cross Classic Century set. It comes in many metals with some inexpensive and some very expensive. Here is the site where you can see them.

http://www.cross.com/catalog/productlist......cil+Sets

If you search "Cross Pens" on the Internet, you will find many companies you can order them from.

Richard
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Dear Richard,

Thank you so much for this! I will look into it!

Snail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Digital Feedback (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL