The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coin production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic and Drums
View Profile
New user
Germany
46 Posts

Profile of Magic and Drums
Hi everybody!

Right now I'm working on new one coin flurry routine. I'm fine with it as it is except for the opening. So I wanted to hear your opinions:

What do you think is the best and most visual bare handed coin production out there?

Thanks to all who will share their thoughts!

Daniel
J Hanes
View Profile
Veteran user
PDX, OR
317 Posts

Profile of J Hanes
M&D
For my money, I'd sy David stone has some of the best single coin productions that I've seen. he's at http://stone.magiczoom.com/

J Hanes
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
I like to use the Flying Shuttle Pass for a one-coin production. I show both hands empty, (without calling attention to that fact) as I am displaying my "invisible coin". Then, Flying Shuttle Pass and the coin appears! Very visual!
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
A very simple (maybe not the best, but my favorite one coin production) is the warm up production from revolutionary coin magic.

The work is done before the audience is aware anythign is happeneing, and by the time they know what oyu are about to do, you have already done it, so besides flashing, you cannot get caught with this. Another great plus is the suprise of th edenoument. Most coin magic is, for the most part, predictable. Or even worse, the ending mocks the spectator to some extent.

"you see the silver coin, now its copper! Now its silver! Now its gold! HAHA I tricked you! See, you thouhgt you knew what was going on, but NO!! You weren't expecting that!"

" There's three coins. they are goign to go from my left hand to my right hand. That's one. That;s too, and that's three."

You get the idea. The production is quite simple and quite visual too. I highly reccomend it.

(Please note that I am not a great coinician and am probably very badly qualified to answer this. I am simply giving an opinion.)
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Danie: There are a lot of different ways out there to produce the first coin. Some use slight of hand others use gimicks. Try a couple of different things out and see which suits you best.

For the slight of hand, my favorite is a one-hand production of "picking a coin out of the air" from downs or edge grip. Done correctly, it looks like real magic.

Good luck

Craig
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
It depends if you need to be truly bare-handed, or just be able to effectively show both sides of both hands. There are nice sleight of hand options for the latter. With some more set-up you could do 'Now U C it Now U don't'.

If you need to be truly bare-handed then maybe a Body load with a m******c coin, or start with it sleeved and use misdirection for the retrieval.
Magic and Drums
View Profile
New user
Germany
46 Posts

Thanks for all your answers. I will look up the things you mentioned that I didn't know about (until now ;-).

Here some more specifics for some brainstorming: The routine and its patter is designed in a way that I need to tell the spectators I'm going to produce money. Now all attention is on my hands. I'm looking for a production without any fancy stuff, slow movement and, if possible, close-up. My ideal would be to show my hands clearly empty, focus all energy (and attention) and make a coin appear...

Hope I can make my point clear, I was not the very first in English classes...

Again, thanks a lot for your help and advice!

Best wishes,
Daniel
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I like to use a simple "Lum Mask"... (I have no clue how to spell that)

It's not difficult... But also unexpected.. I think it hits pretty hard.
And for me allways gets great reactions...

Shawn.
Shawn.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
L'Homme Masque? (masked man) can be found in Bobo's.

Have you explored loading a coin on someone in the audience?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
A book could be written on this subject. If you have clothing that goes down to your wrists you have a powerful tool. Show the hands empty, retrieve the coin. Load it with L'Homme Masque or other methods (my book has some), or produce it outright from Down Palm or EG, or produce it following an acquitment. Michael Ammar has a startling production that does not require thinking but you still need to use your head. Smile
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Larry..

I love that production of Ammars.... He uses it in one of his coins aross routine as well..
People have no idea...

Shawn.
Shawn.
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Shawn:
I am still scratching my head about that reference to Ammar's coin across.

Also-in Carneycopia, John Carney has a great way to hide and then produce a coin from a finger c--p between index and middle-with NO flash and with the fingers and thumb wiggling around. I use that for a first coin because it looks magical to go from empty to a silver dollar.
J Hanes
View Profile
Veteran user
PDX, OR
317 Posts

Profile of J Hanes
Quote:
On 2006-02-28 13:04, davidmagic wrote:
...in Carneycopia, John Carney has a great way to hide and then produce a coin from between index and middle...

I believe that production is found in his Miser's Dream routine f/ his latest book Secrets:
http://www.carneymagic.com/secrets-book.htm

Justin Hanes
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
A few thoughts include:

1. Purse Frame production
2. Going from another type of routine and changing i.e. a sponge ball into a coin, or changing a washer(brain washer in my routines) to a coin
3. Art of body loading (as suggested by Jonathan T.)
4. Producing 1,2 or 7 in a "classic" way
5. Coin from roll
6. Ala my grandfather from someone's ear
a. I also like to take an ear from a coin
"Humor &Corn" is great ruffage for the soul.

Enjoy

Thanks for the food for thought.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Check out volume 2 of my dvd Strolling Hands. I have a three coin production,vanish,production sequence on there called SHELLfish.
Justin Miller
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
For producing a single coin my current favorite method is here:
http://home.comcast.net/~wsduncaniv/Webs......0004.htm

Or for something less theatrical, simply pulling it from my sleeve. I've PM'ed you with a technique.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
If you want to simply “pluck a single coin from the air”. I think the prettiest production is the Allen Shaw coin production.

Best regards,
Levent
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2006-03-01 14:41, Levent wrote:
If you want to simply “pluck a single coin from the air”. I think the prettiest production is the Allen Shaw coin production.

Amen to that. Which issue of Genii was that in, for those who are playing along at home?
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
I think it was in the December 2004 issue of Magic, with Roy Benson on the cover.

Best regards,
Levent
Magic and Drums
View Profile
New user
Germany
46 Posts

Wow! Lots of answers, lots of research to do...

Thank you all for your help! I will do my homework and play with some of the methods. I'm sure I will find a production that looks like my dream production for that routine.

Thank you very much!

'til next time,
Daniel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coin production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL