The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best floating table? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman02
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of magicman02
What is the best floating table to purchase and why? There are so many out there, just would like peoples opinion on them
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Most people will say that Losander offers the best floating tables. I own one and it is very good. The prices range from $800.00 to $2,500 depending upon the size and style of the table. The heavier looking and larger tables cost more money. The larger tables are more difficult to handle however. Some people do not like Losander's tables because the center column is made from two separate sections that are attached together by friction. Over time the friction will wear out and the column can separate during a performance. I have not had that problem but I do not perform the table effect that often. Losander is the king of levitation and floating effects. His effects and tables can be seen at his site at http://www.losander.com.

Another excellent table is the DaVinci floating table sold by Proof Positive Productions. It sells for $800.00. It uses an improved gimmick based on the Losander gimmick. It is easier and more comfortable to use. The main selling point of this table is that is usies a dul floating principle. You an float the table using the regular method. You can then float the table while one or both hands are on top of the table cloth pushing down on the table. You do not even need to use the tbale cloth. This is very convincing and enhances the illusion. In addition, the center column on this table is solid and therfore more stable and stronger as opposed to hollow column used by Losander. Also the center column is made from one piece and therfore cannot separate during the performacne and will not wear out. Some people do not like this table because they say it is too light looking. However it is the same type of side table sold by Bombay stores. In my opiion, a table is a table. A table is not supposed to float expecially with both hands on top of it pushing down.

I was going to buy another more expensive Losander table but after wathcing the demo video of the Da Vinci table and speaking with people who own this table, I ordered the DaVinci table. I have not received it yet.

Hope this helped.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
The Owens Floating Table is very strong, versatile, and actually looks like a real table.

- entity
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12060 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Michael,

Could you kindly post a review once received?

Thanks in advance,

Candini
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I have the Da Vinci Table and it is a great illusion. Quality made and nicely balanced so that not too much time is needed mastering the workings of the effect and you can focus on the presentation. Theatrical presentation goes a long way with this effect. I spent 1/3 of my time practicing the mechanics and 2/3's practicing my theatrics. The gimmick for both floating effects work great and are designed for minimum fatigue. The surface area of the table is actually all real wood so it can be inspected very closely and only appears as a normal side table. IMHO the simplicity of it's design lends to it not looking like a magic prop. It is built sturdy enough to use to hold your magic props on as long as you don't overload it with heavy stuff. The customer support has been great so far and I highly recommend the table.
magicman02
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of magicman02
What about Mikame Psychic Floating Table that sells for around $325, Hank Lee sells it, any reviews on that?
EricHenning
View Profile
Loyal user
Laurel, Maryland
218 Posts

Profile of EricHenning
I have a new post on this topic in a different thread.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best floating table? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL