The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mysterious stories for setting the mood (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

denis_gbrg
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
162 Posts

Profile of denis_gbrg
Hi,

could you please recommend a book with
short mysterious stories. Mystic, astronomy/astrology,tarot etc.

I'd like to tell some stories to set the mood
for mentalism performances.

thanks!
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
To open with?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17587 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There are all kinds of sites on the internet chock full of Unexplained Mysteries and Supernatural Occurences. Just do a search. I just sent one about people with supernatural powers to Chi Chi. Maybe he still has the link?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Here is the link that Slim is talking about. I don't know if you want to open your show with ita, but it is a wierd story.

http://www.amazingabilities.com/amaze5b.html
denis_gbrg
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
162 Posts

Profile of denis_gbrg
Well, I am not a professional magican. Just doing it for fun.
So what I had in mind is like, when I go camping and we sit at night around
the fire. And I am about to show some stuff. I want to set the mood right
by telling some mystic,ghost,esp stories (not too nasty bloody,
just intriguing). For strange reason I cant find anything suitable just by googling.
So anything would be a great help
Thanks!
p,s yeah that link is quite cool, thanks
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3017 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hi Denis,

I think you'll find greater resources offered by the denizens lurking in the Bizarre portion of the Café:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......mp;25182

By the way, Googling isn't the answer to everything. For great anthologies of spooky stories, a bookstore is your best bet, offline or online. For example: here's a book that will set you back all of 58 cents (plus shipping)!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-l......ing=UTF8

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Use your dreams! Nightmares produce some of the most bizzare stuff I have ever heard of...
xxx
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
Caleb Strange has made some nice contributions in the Bizarre Forum.
barkmagicman
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of barkmagicman
Dude, check out Sherezade, or quite possibly Final Curtain (don't know haven't read it).
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Quote:
On 2006-03-03 13:18, icy_rabbit wrote:
Use your dreams! Nightmares produce some of the most bizzare stuff I have ever heard of...

someone is actualy milking the Café's to the last drop!!!! hats off sir!!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......71&0

EVERYBODY check THIS out...and my personal advice....scroll down to "the buffet" and read!!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Look to Borodin...as translated by Bill Palmer. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
And you might wanna check out http://www.gutenberg.org
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
My Social Studies teacher is a story teller. He writes, and passes on by way of tounge...

Ill attempt to summarize a story that actually had some people leaving the room.

You play the part of a young boy living in a family of mortitians (SP? People who prepare the dead for buriel)

You and your sister and brother used to do twisted little things like hide in coffins... play with the dead etc...

There is one room in your house that seems to have always been locked...

You never knew why...

(you have to go into your own details. Above should take maybe 10 min.)

Then later in your life your grandmother began to suffer from altimers. Confusing day by day etc. One day you are talking about old times with her and mention the room. Her eyes got teary and said "It never was a place for children"

(Ok if your squeamish don't read on)

You ask her what shes talking about and she reluctantly explains how they came across that house...
When they bought it it had a stigma on it. But they wernet supersticious or anything so they were going to take it anyway. The doors were locked when you arrived with the agent. Who broke into the house anyway. You veiw the house as he explains the stigma "There was a family that lived here before. They were quiet and normal. They suffered a tragic devorce and the man went insane. Never going outside or anything. The two girls and the wife moved to new jersy to live with other family."

Now your walking through the halls and come across a room that wont budge. The door has a little slot at the bottom. Perhaps for sending mail?

You peek in the slot and see varied broken plates and glasses... You see where I'm going with this?

Food was passed through the slot. To his wife and children who he locked away... he made up the divorce etc...

Anyway the house was sold because he was taken to an institution. Babbling about how he couldn't "feed the girls"

You however are telling this in the order in which you learned. Right now its your grandma telling you the story.
You break into the room and immediately collapse as you go back, staggering.

What you saw was horid. The bones of a woman. Deceased years ago. You notice scrathes on the heavy door, as if they had tried to claw there way out. you travel to the back of the room where you see the two girls. In better condition. As if they had survived longer. Then you find out why, You look down and see another human femer. You almost threw uip. You looked back at the other skeleton. Missing a leg. Under closer examination they saw the femer had teeth marks in it. And the children survived by eating there mother...

Pretty messed up... Hu?...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mysterious stories for setting the mood (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL