The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » My "magic room" (some illusions) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Hey guys/gals...

I just finished putting some pictures on photobucket.com to share with friends... My loving wife is gracious enough to let me have my own room dedicated to magic!

Here's the link:
http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/g......0Office/

Tell me what you think...

Bryan
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hey Bryan,

Glad to know that your new home is coming up really well...The pictures are great!!! I like your idea of the OLEP and all the props look really well built/refurbished.

All the best!

Regards,
Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Hey Bryan,

I love the room. I actually had an idea of turning one of my rooms also into a "magic room". Sweet pics. G2G cya
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Hi Bryan!

Your room is cool! The place is clean and everything is arranged to its place. Can I ask whats the escape box effect? And where did you buy it?

Thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
Bryan,
Cool idea - if you don't mind, I'll snap a few pics of my magic room later today and put them on line.
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
jgravelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Milwaukee (Head shown not actual size)
270 Posts

Profile of jgravelle
Yeah... see, I'm no psychic... but judging by the Copperfield Shrine, I'm seeing a restraining order in your future...

Regards,

-jjg
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Hey Bryan
I didn't see my pic up on the wall. Nothing is better than having a "Magic" room / Copperfield shrine. Is it wrong for one man to hang pictures of another man on his wall?? I think not.

So... what exactly was the trade-off??

Steve
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Thanks, Steve. Your post has given me the courage to unveil my Richard Simmons collection that I've been hiding.
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
OK Starrpower, you gave me "the laugh" of the day. Very good!!!

Jack
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks for all the great compliments guys! I wanted the feel of a magic shop when I arranged this room... I'll be adding more pictures today! I still have another wall I have to add to the album!

Steve- I love the comment about my "Copperfield Shrine"... to be honest, the wife wasn't too keen on the idea of a "Snakebabe Shrine"... women are weird like that I guess! Yes, I do need a Chezady "8 x "10 on the wall... Maybe I can put it up there next to Sperris!

CardCaptor- The escape trunk is an idea from a good friend of mine on here! It's a "29 x "29 x "29 box with two arm holes to have my hands cuffed outside of the box. The wife and I have done a subtrunk routine with it several times; however, as an escape it works better because it is not built for a "lightning-fast" switch...

Just a note: If you feel left out and would like to be on the "Wall 'O Fame" don't hesitate to send a PM and I'll get you my mailing address...

All in all, this is a great room to come and get in the "magic-mode" and begin to create or just sit and read about our art. So if you are wondering, when my wife tells me to "go to my room".... I just have to respond with a "yes dear, I'll see you in a week!"

Bryan
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
He REALLY does have a Richard Simmons collection !!!!!
Are the two of you making up ? Smile
Steven Kline
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Richard Simmons collection.... I don't even want to go there....eww!
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Sure Kline! We've already been out dinner and dancing....wanna come:):):)
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Really good pics Bryan. Must be nice to have a wife that will give you a whole room for your magic. Hey it would just be nice to have a wife. Lol. YOu have defintely have the bug.

Steven
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
And people ask why we are waiting to have kids....

I'd hate to see all of this end up in the garage!

Bryan
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I must confess .. I have four men wearing make-up on my bedroom walls.

They are from a little band called KISS. Now that I'm out of the KISS closet .. where do I go from here??

Steve
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Great Room! I am in the process of buying a house and one of the requirements was I get my magic room. The house has a den with a built in desk, 12 ft high ceilings, and a closet. I can't wait to have all my stuff in one room. I tried to get a house with a room that could be converted to a theater for rehearsals and watching DVD's with a projector and everything, but I guess I'll have to wait for the kids to move out!

As fas as Gene Simmons and Kiss. I was never really a fan but I liked a few of their songs. I saw KISS Unplugged on MTV a few years back and I must admit, these guiys are all very talented!! Gene Simmons really impressed me. Did you know he speaks multiple languages? He sang a few songs on this unplugged show and again he impressed the heck out of me. Years ago I just couldn't relate because of all the makeup. Since then I have located the DVD of that performance and enjoy it regularly!!
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
Nice room!

I am in the process of moving from my apartment to a house with my partner and his brother as such we will have a rehearsal studio on premises and a magic library... Growing up, my father's house was always magic-themed, so there was always a magical place for me to take refuge. So, I say that it helps to live with another magician Smile Having a 'magic room' is a great motivator as well...
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
No shrines, but a small sampling of what is going on putting the tour together !
hope you all enjoy !

http://photobucket.com/albums/e222/StevenKline/
Steven Kline
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Great pics Steven. To thank that some people complain that they have to carry a few trunks in their car and can't find the room. Very envious here. I would love to put a show out there on tour. Oh well maybe I will someday. How long does it take you to set it up and break it down?

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » My "magic room" (some illusions) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL