The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kids are smart (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gdomeier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gdomeier
I was doing a swami prediction with a family friends 7 year old. I do the usual routine and then ask him which two digit number he was thinking of. His reply, "I'm not teling you!".

Funny...
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I hope you NW'd that Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
I avoid that by teling a person to name a two digit number. I then hand them my prediction, thus proving I already knew the number they would tell me.
gdomeier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gdomeier
Thanks for the tip kevvy. Wording is very important when it comes to this craft. I appreciate it.
gdomeier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gdomeier
Quote:
On 2006-03-02 15:21, Dr Spektor wrote:
I hope you NW'd that Smile

I just moved on to some pk silverware. That plays well with the kiddies!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The Rabbit in the hat also helps them devluge the # - except if they want to whisper it to the bunny then you are SOL....

I did have the bunny in the hat do some PK Silverware with a tyne bend etc... Bana-bunny-check!
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
This really is a great example of how we need to choose our words and statements very carefully in our routines. One wrong move from the spectator and the end of a climatic routine could be reduced to a very ugly situation for the mentalist.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Children are really smart. If you're thinking that your material is not able to be followed by an 8 year old, then maybe your routines are too contrived or indirect.

Great choice of using NW for children... very direct stuff. They are smart enough to read and be blown away by that stuff.

If they say that they won't tell you, you tell them that is why you wrote it down. You say, "The other day when I did it for someone else, I got it right, but they changed their answer to mess me up."

Also, the elderly... when you think that they are too far gone to follow your act, the mentalism really seems to wake them up more often than you would think.
gdomeier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gdomeier
I did the same routine to his older sister. Even funnier, at least to me, is how he wanted stand right by me as I was doing the prediction.
mike89
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of mike89
Happend to me on countless occasions. Used to happen that is. Now I ask them to tell EVERYBODY ELSE the number,name etc. This further implies that you already know, and they are just "enlightening the ignorant".
Ditto for one-aheads BTW.
"I believe the human race and fish can co-exist peacefully" -GEORGE W. BUSH
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I do a balloon mind reading deal with kids if I must do mind games with kids.

Plays really well even for adults.

In fact on my website there is a pic of me doing just that at a corporate event for adults.

Also the kid as mind reader works well and I have used it at a couple of family type events. But that is played heavy and all play as they should.

But in the end the kid is correct and all praise them for being so receptive etc.
(Smiles all around then)!

Best Wishes

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
I like Jim.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Hey Salsa! I like Jim too, if I ever make it to South Carolina I'm gonna use my RV powers to look him up.

I was a Children's entertainer for 17 years. I have the greatest respect for their natural ability to make uninhibited guesses at how things are done. Sometimes their perception scares me LOL. I loved doing children's shows but unless you give each show 110% kids can sense your really not genuine, that's when I stopped. I've fallen in love with the art of mentalism over the last 10 years and enjoying it's rise in popularity.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Well - inspired by all this - I went off with my bunny-in-hat puppet and did a bunch of coin bends ala Banachek for some kids... using the bunny of course

Yes, Bana-Bunny Lives! I wonder if I can figure out a buried-warren-alive trick... pendulum-carrot techniques and finally hold the bunny's ears hellstroming...

Yeah... thanks all! I'm going have me some fun with BB.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Thanks guys.

You are more than welcome to visit and if you do drop by be prepared to dine with me also.

(Used to own a Café'so the food is a bit better than good)

Best Wishes,

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Is it me or has Chichi711's comments disappeared into the mist, as has my reference to him (not unkind) in my previous post. SPOOKY!!! Jim what have you done Smile
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
They all got deleted because I asked Jim a yes or no question that he cant seem to answer.

Kids are smart though. I enjoy showing kids things, becuase they will say what others only think. Its good practice.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
They deleted Rufus the Rabbit as well Smile - but he'll be back.... for he is lean and athirst!!!...

Actually, this always reminds me of the Twilight Zone / Matheson story "Into Thin Air" where people and things start vanishing and no one remembers the people who vanish - those who do also vanish...

That would be a cool Bizarre magic effect using stooges... hmmm... I must consult with Bana bunny.... yeah, he says this is not for kids - time to mosey on over to the Bizarre forum again....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kids are smart (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL