The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » What should I get? Rinkey Dinky? RIng Flight? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I think you have it backwards. Just IN Case does not use a reel.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Dr J A,

I think my dislike with Pro-Flight is the fact that the keys are already in view as part of the routine - so spectators would simply put 2 and 2 together and can backtrack that you did a fake transfer and simply attached it. It therefore removes a significant part of the 'surprise impact' in my view.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I Can't believe no one has mentioned Ring Flight Revolution by Dave Bonsall.
Totally reliable, fiendishly deceptive and a great guy to deal with.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Many have said "Just in Case" is the best non reel, then it's been said there are issues with large rings, also I would like to know which ones require a tt.
Dinky D is in my opinion , cheap, RFR, is big and bulky, Departures new version is great, smooth and strong. For non reel I like the Einhorn ring flite, even though I can not load as smooth and Rastas Nick does.
Back to just in case, I have been looking at this for a while, just need more info to justify the $$$
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Dave - did you mean 'Rinky D' is cheap? If so, I'd have to agree - I paid about £45 for it and I've used it constantly for around 3 years.

If you mean it's production is 'cheap' then I'd certainly beg to differ. Surely, if it was cheap, then it wouldn't have lasted.

Maybe you'd like to tell me differently.

As for Einhorn's Pro Flight - sorry, but I don't even consider that a 'flying ring' effect in the truest sense - in all honesty, it reminds me more of one of Tenyo's puzzles.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Barry, I meant cheap as in quality, I purchased it just when it was first introduced and I had issues with it, much like early versions of Departure, I have a new Departure now and is 100 times better, perhaps RD has gone thru some positive changes,
As for your feelings on Pro Flite, I must disagree with you, like me, many working pro's love and use this, let me also state, I am not a full time worker, I do about 4-6 trade shows per year, but they are quite tough, on me and my props, RD when I had it, never made it thru a few days of practice .
I wish you would revisit pro flite or the few similar effects that are reel less, I think PF is pretty amazing, but my feelings aside, I have it and my audience loves it.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-08-04 03:01, Pete Biro wrote:
I think you have it backwards. Just IN Case does not use a reel.

I apologize - major brain fart! My head was obviously on backwards... The version I meant to name was the Sterling Ring Flight (which uses a reel) and that is my reel-based recommendation. I personally prefer versions that do not use a reel, owing to all the things that can go horribly wrong with a borrowed finger ring. One of the best horror stories I have ever heard about a reel flight gone wrong came courtesy of Alan Rorrison. In short, he borrowed an engagement ring that was only two hours old and had a larger diamond on it, went to perform the effect and a second later heard the ring clink as it landed in a soup bowl of a patron sitting 5 or 7 tables behind him.

As far as an audience being able to piece together the working of a method like Pro-Flite, it all comes down to your presentation. I have never had a problem with it and I have always gotten some of the best reactions using it. The presentation given for Just In Case is a perfect example of a well-routined ring flight with its story and premise, the build-up of the suspense and tension, the revelation and the climax. The same can easily be done with Pro-Flite, and even with a similar presentation.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
There's a nice demo of Just IN Case at http://www.petebiro.com Once on a short scroll in the "videos" section will show it.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Pete, does Just in Case need a TT and is it true , it is not good for large rings?

Thanks Dave
cmeyers
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of cmeyers
Ring flight revolution is the way to go. More expensive, but worth every penny.
cmeyers
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of cmeyers
Quote:
On 2011-08-04 15:59, jugglestruck wrote:
I Can't believe no one has mentioned Ring Flight Revolution by Dave Bonsall.
Totally reliable, fiendishly deceptive and a great guy to deal with.

Agreed!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I would go with Bloom's Flying Ring, Dusheck's Ringer, or Biro's Just In Case. You never ever have to worry about a reel breaking or the ring flying off the hook while it's being pulled to the case by the reel.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Dave Bonsall's ring flight revolution is ace - but before you spend money on a gimmick ask yourself this. Having bought one are you then prepared to perform the effect on other people's jewellery knowing they may sue you? If you have insurance, or more courage than I have then ring flight revolution is really good and the customer service first class.

Danny
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use Dusheck's Ringer. It's great with the right presentation and is so easy to use. It's gentle on the ring, too.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On 2011-09-26 16:35, Alan Munro wrote:
I use Dusheck's Ringer. It's great with the right presentation and is so easy to use. It's gentle on the ring, too.

Yeah but I am less worried about damage to the ring and more worried about someone claiming that the ring I return isn't theirs!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2011-09-27 02:59, djurmann wrote:
Quote:

Yeah but I am less worried about damage to the ring and more worried about someone claiming that the ring I return isn't theirs!

On rare occasion that can happen. If it does it isn't going to matter what type of ring flight you use. If it is that big of a worry I would suggest don't do the effect.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-09-27 02:59, djurmann wrote:
Quote:

If they say that, take back the ring and sell it to a pawn shop. LOL I've never had them say that because I'll make sure their lie will bite them.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Don't borrow anyone's ring other than a man's wedding band or a school/military ring.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I've been using the Gaeton Bloom version of ring flight for years, and it's hassle-free, uses no reel, and it's simple, elegant and a fooler. I'm very happy with it.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
A friend of mine had a woman claim the ring he returned to her wasn't hers. She got security over and everything. He had to take them all somewhere private and explain how the trick worked before she finally remembered she'd changed her jewellery before she'd come out for the evening.

Oh and in my opinion Dave Bonsalls Ring Flight Revolution is the best reel method out there.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » What should I get? Rinkey Dinky? RIng Flight? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL