The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hundy 500 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
I just got this -- overall a nice trick which really kills.

As opposed to the flip over change Wilson suggests on his DVD, has anyone played around with doing a color change, a la cards?

Are there any more resources on alternate routines for this trick.

And, for those who are interested, here's a tip on the trick: take all of the un-gaffed bills and shave off 1/16 of an inch or so from each of the bill's short ends. It will make them nest better (those of you with the trick will know what I mean).
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Cloneman,

That's funny you mentioned shaving off the bills. That's exactly what I did with mine...it definitely helps!

I too have been thinking of alternate uses for this gaff...I'd be interested in other ideas.

One thing I did was turn them back into ones. Now you might ask why on earth would you want to do that? Well, I actually needed a couple dollars at a store I was at and only had the Hundy 500 setup and didn't want to use my card for sucha a small amount. So I pulled out the stack of $100's and asked if they could make change for me. Well, I knew they wouldn't (there was a sign saying no bills over $50). So when she said no, sorry, I said ahhh, no problem, I'll just have to do it myself. I then proceeded into the routine in reverse. Well, she was floored! At first, she wouldn't even accept the ones...she thought they were fake! It took some convincing, but she finally accepted them.

Skarn
It's better to burn out...than to fade away....
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Here's another thought: What about doing a routine with a gaffe made entirely of one dollar bills? From there instead of changing the bills from one denomination into another you could launch into a paper version of hopping halves by placing four bills in your pocket and leaving one in your hand. When you open your hand you have five bills again.
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Quote:
On 2006-03-03 15:22, cloneman wrote:
I just got this -- overall a nice trick which really kills.

As opposed to the flip over change Wilson suggests on his DVD, has anyone played around with doing a color change, a la cards?

Are there any more resources on alternate routines for this trick.

And, for those who are interested, here's a tip on the trick: take all of the un-gaffed bills and shave off 1/16 of an inch or so from each of the bill's short ends. It will make them nest better (those of you with the trick will know what I mean).

Great idea! I actually did the opposite, made one piece longer. Duh!! cutting the others shorter would have been easier. Thanks for the tip!!
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Yeah, there's nothing that steadies the hand so much as slicing into a $100 bill and thinking, "S**T! If I cut too much off I won't be able to spend it later!" Smile
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
Quote:
On 2006-03-03 16:02, Skarn wrote:
One thing I did was turn them back into ones. Now you might ask why on earth would you want to do that? Well, I actually needed a couple dollars at a store I was at and only had the Hundy 500 setup and didn't want to use my card for sucha a small amount. So I pulled out the stack of $100's and asked if they could make change for me. Well, I knew they wouldn't (there was a sign saying no bills over $50). So when she said no, sorry, I said ahhh, no problem, I'll just have to do it myself. I then proceeded into the routine in reverse. Well, she was floored! At first, she wouldn't even accept the ones...she thought they were fake! It took some convincing, but she finally accepted them.

Skarn

That's Classic!
Wow, I've been thinking about $20's and $2's making it a tipsy/drinking parody--but $100's??? You Da Man!!!

Jay
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Quote:
On 2006-03-03 16:33, cloneman wrote:
Here's another thought: What about doing a routine with a gaffe made entirely of one dollar bills? From there instead of changing the bills from one denomination into another you could launch into a paper version of hopping halves by placing four bills in your pocket and leaving one in your hand. When you open your hand you have five bills again.

Now that I like! This is exactly the type of idea I've been looking for. Very creative.

Now if you made two gaffs of entirely one dollar bills.....

Skarn
It's better to burn out...than to fade away....
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
Quote:
On 2006-03-03 17:52, cloneman wrote:
Yeah, there's nothing that steadies the hand so much as slicing into a $100 bill and thinking, "S**T! If I cut too much off I won't be able to spend it later!" Smile

Did it take you more than one time to make yours? I didn't get them exactly on and had to start over.
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
Quote:
On 2006-03-04 12:46, Skarn wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-03-03 16:33, cloneman wrote:

I think that trick is called Hornswoggled byGeorge Stark and Jay Malbrough
Clarify if I'm off base here.

Jay

Now that I like! This is exactly the type of idea I've been looking for. Very creative.

Now if you made two gaffs of entirely one dollar bills.....

Skarn

JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
So we can't edit our posts now?
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
"Did it take you more than one time to make yours?" -- I got it right the first time, but almost didn't. Wilson makes a mistake on the DVD by calling the back of the $100 the "face." I do need to touch up the joint with rubber cement from time to time.

"Hornswoggled byGeorge Stark and Jay Malbrough" - I arrived at the idea independently. If that’s their trick, more power to them.

Here’s another couple of thoughts on other uses for the Hundy 500 gaffe:

• Make the gaffe out of all one dollar bills, all of them with the same date. Write a prediction (the date that’s on the gaffe), fold it, leave it in full view. Borrow for one dollar bills from four different people. Just to be fair, you put in the dollar of your own. Fold up into a packet, switch them unobtrusively (you can use similar body misdirection as you would with a top card change; remember 1) they don't think the trick is happening yet, and 2) its all ones). Fan out the bills and have them point to one. Have them read off the date from the dollar. Have them open your prediction. While they are doing that, switch the bills back so you can show different dates at the end.
• You can use the above to force a page for a book test.
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
Yeah, it took more than one time. I used spray adhesive, totally coated the bills and there was an edge(1/32)on my 2 $5's. If I could see it you could see it. So I soaked the bills, pulled them apart and took them back to the bank to get new bills. Yes, they did ask me what was on those bills? I just shrugged.

Jay
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
I've been thinking about making the gaffe with $20's as opposed to $100's. Whenever I do the trick, it always kills (thanks Wilson and Page). However, once the “Wow’s” have died down, I get the same comment: "I can't believe you carry all that cash on you!"

Now, I suppose you could say that a better performance might not leave them asking that question. Perhaps. However, people are pretty savvy – after all, no one over 5 years old really believes that a magician can conjure $100’s out of the air. If I do it with $20’s, however, I am hoping that their minds won’t jump to the “hey, that’s a lot of cash to carry around,” and be left with the illusion.

Has anybody else had experience trying both 100’s and 20’s?
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Quote:
On 2006-03-08 01:03, JHodgeCMI wrote:
Yeah, it took more than one time. I used spray adhesive, totally coated the bills and there was an edge(1/32)on my 2 $5's. If I could see it you could see it. So I soaked the bills, pulled them apart and took them back to the bank to get new bills. Yes, they did ask me what was on those bills? I just shrugged.

Jay

Yeah, the rubber cement is definately the way to go as you just pull it apart and rub the glue off...no questions asked when you spend them.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Dr Jim
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Dr Jim
I use $2 bills and patter about the fastest way to double your money... then I fold the $1's and say " there you go, doubled the money...not very impressive right?" the I do the move.

Jim
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I made one up with $20s and it didn't seem as impressive to me. Changing the $1s to $100s makes more sense, IMO.

That's a great tip about cutting the bills down slightly. Why didn't I think of that? Smile

Robert
Dr Jim
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Dr Jim
1oo dollar bills are impressive, but changing one denomination to another is pretty impressive in its own right.

Jim
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2712 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
Here's another thought: What about doing a routine with a gaffe made entirely of one dollar bills? From there instead of changing the bills from one denomination into another you could launch into a paper version of hopping halves by placing four bills in your pocket and leaving one in your hand.

Would that be much different than a 6 bill repeat?

Quote:
I've been thinking about making the gaffe with $20's as opposed to $100's. Whenever I do the trick, it always kills (thanks Wilson and Page). However, once the “Wow’s” have died down, I get the same comment: "I can't believe you carry all that cash on you!"

I have Hundy 500, but never performed it, but I do carry a modified "2 dollar window" in my wallet - converting two singles into a Ben. I think the Ben adds a lot to the "wow" factor, and it is much less expensive than the Hundy set up(but is also a shorter effect w/o the spec involvement)
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
J Hanes
View Profile
Veteran user
PDX, OR
317 Posts

Profile of J Hanes
My vote is for 3-D Cash

http://www.wizardmagic.com/index.php?mai......ce328a5a

justin Hanes
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Another tip: reduce the thickness of the packet by storing it pressed under a dictionary or other flat and heavy object. Put it in your wallet just before show time. The pre-pressed packet is less than half the thickness of a non-pressed packet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hundy 500 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL