The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Blind Folded Motorcycle Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Don't know what your silverware bending act is like, but if you are looking for a very "impromptu" act on a disc, take a look at Morgan Strebler liquid metal. It is upbeat, in your face, has a beginning and an end, (unlike a lot of metal bending) the spec gets a souvenier, and you have your crowd warmed up.

I used to do some busking, and still may again as the opportunity presents itself. But I mostly do a nightclub mentalism act, and use some of Morgan's work as part of a warm up, or for after show crowds.

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Morgans DVD is very good and it is one of the only bending 'routines' that I've seen. I'm not sure but it may only be available from Penguins magic. Speaking of Penguin I want to tip my hat to them for some of the changes they have recently made in their approach to business. They have made a change in leadership and philosophy that is supportive of the art and the community.
Steve V
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
I perform his routine. His is a lot liek banachecks but better. But that is the routine I perfomr. Thanks for the advice.
Dreams are a matter of choice, not chance. Live your Dreams. -DC
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

I wanted to let you all know that I worked it down to a Go Ped. I tried a unicycle and DAM those things are a *&^%#@ to learn how to ride. However the motor Gives enough noise yet is small enough to fit in car because it folds up, and I can reduce my stage size due to the size of of the go ped. this is a device that you stand up on and you can drive it..... Anyways I was hoping we could brain storm some ideas to help finish off this act. I have yet to perform it. I am honestly stuck on the "it" factor. Why am I doing this. Whats the big pay off at the end. I was thinking a card trick and at the end of the course I have to find thier card....... Any help would be greatly appreciated..... Brandon
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Did you see the latest Criss Angel show? He incorporated a "card catch" with a motorcycle ride by.

So, now you're on your Go Ped, blindfolded, and as you ride past the crowd your volunteer throws the cards into the air as you ride through them grabbing the previously selected card. No need for the sword unless you really want to. The palmed card would be hidden by your hand on the throttle until the last moment. Sounds like a good way to end a show to me!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

As a matter of Fact I did and I was so ****#$ that he did it before me! lol I had come up with the idea to do it palmed not 2 days before I saw the episode...I may work on it further ....... I really don't want to be known as copying anyone...... Any other input?
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=5064

Go to the link above... I think this may just be my ending to this trick.

PS came up with the idea to have the Limbo bar be set on fire in the middle of it..... Give the illusion more "Danger"......
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Man I wish you had not put that link in your last post. I made the mistake of clicking on it and I now own one of the effects. Oh well, Hope I can work it into my show.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

LOL Yeah don't you hate when that happens!
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Ok well anyone paying attention to this post, I have come along since this post was first started. Can't believe its been almost 6 months! The goped seems to be the best choice, The limbo bar that will be set on fire has been changed to a chain with KEVLAR Wicking in the middle. That Idea came from "the Fire Guy" from Canada Brant Michaels. The baloon gimmick listed above wont really work after several tests because of the size and how fast I will be going. After more consideration I have decided that a card catch as Dave mention earlier seems to be the best option. So that is what I will use. I will also have 2 volunteers stand a short distance apart facing each other, and then have them raise their arms in the air and touch hands forming a human archway. There will be a few of these and they are what I must drive through. This accomplishes two things. First More helpers may mean more tips, second it means I wont have to carry cones and other accesories so I can travel lightly. OK well that is all for now. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me ore if oyu have tips do the same. TTYL
jacoblucas
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of jacoblucas
Hi All I am considering making a street show using my motorcycle and and a few blind folds. The whole show would be this. Any thougts........

Hi friend my best friend K. Baba' s sister magician Panna doing blindfold motor cycle driving for Bajaj Auto Ltd India since last 1993 she completed more then 1700 mile driving in various shows so you contact them for more info
styck13
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of styck13
Brandonford1982
I know this is an old thread but I need some info as well. Brandon, I sent you a PM. Gimme a Holler sometime so we can talk about this.

Greg Owens
(dad of devon)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Blind Folded Motorcycle Show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL