The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassandra Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
Hello,

I am thinking about buying the DVD on the cassandra deck but does anybody think I should buy the pre made deck with the DVD? Or is it easy enough to make the Cassandra Deck without having to buy the special deck premade? I just don't want to spend more money if I really don't have to and if the deck is easy enough to make on your own without too much difficulty. Thank you

-Isaiah
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
You can make it yourself without to much trouble at all.

The bonus is that perhaps you will have it righ there to play with when your watching the dvd but if ur like most of us here you'll have all the nessecary 'bits' in excess.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2161 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Buy the deck, the dvd is for use of the Cassandra Deck, not the Isaiah deck.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
But they explain on the dvd how to make the casandra deck, also Bob Cassidy explains it in his book, he said he doesn't expect you to buy it, but then I suppose that depends on your view as to what your buying, you may like to take Mad Jakes idea and pay for the secret twice.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2161 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Most retailers I looked at today are including the deck with the DVD. I'm not sure who is making the decks for Docc, but to make them yourself is not as easy as it sounds. It's worth the $$ to get the original. I used the book, and don't' have the dvd. While the book does not give insight on making your own I was unaware that the dvd did. My appologies.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1883 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I can´t imagine anyone who has two hands, a brain, and an interest in Mentalism having any difficulty making the deck up.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
If you can get to a paper cutter such as tholse at a Kinko's, you can make a deck in under 10 minutes. I have a deck that's extremely simillar to a Cassandra and it takes me even less to make it.
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
You can make a mechanically workable Cassandra Deck with some degree of effort. The early ones were made this way. Making the deck properly requires specialized trimming equipment not generally available.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1883 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On 2006-03-04 16:21, Bill Fienning wrote:
You can make a mechanically workable Cassandra Deck with some degree of effort. The early ones were made this way. Making the deck properly requires specialized trimming equipment not generally available.

Strange, as Docc makes a joke about special tools for trimming on the DVD and ISTR he suggests that using scissors is the best method.
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
Seems to be some dgree of conflict of interest here. Well I don't know what to write, but I guess maybee if it is trim work I think I am artsy enough to trim some cards. ???? I will go ahead and buy the DVD and if the deck is to hard to make I will have Scott Xavier make me the deck he seems to be fast and good at doing that. Anymore insight? Do you like the effects you can do with it, and if so explain which ones you like.

-Isaiah
tunafish
View Profile
Regular user
Everett, Wa
137 Posts

Profile of tunafish
You can take a deck of cards to any print shop and have the whole deck trimmed for 50 cents.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3351 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2006-03-06 15:54, tunafish wrote:
You can take a deck of cards to any print shop and have the whole deck trimmed for 50 cents.

My printer trimmed three decks for me at no charge. Out of 5 decks I made 4 Casandra decks.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
The corners should be rounded for proper appearance if the deck. This requires certain equipment. It is not necessary, but perceptive spectators will notice something "wrong" with the deck if the rounding is not done.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1883 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On 2006-03-06 19:10, Bill Fienning wrote:
The corners should be rounded for proper appearance if the deck. This requires certain equipment. It is not necessary, but perceptive spectators will notice something "wrong" with the deck if the rounding is not done.

Not according to Docc - I will dig out the DVD later to remind myself exactly what he says on the matter.
tunafish
View Profile
Regular user
Everett, Wa
137 Posts

Profile of tunafish
It is slightly noticeable if you don't round the corners. You can do this with fingernail clippers, and only trim enough to barely knock off the sharp edge. After that the sharp edges aren't so noticeable. Although I'm sure you would get away with having the sharp corners just fine.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1976 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Or you can buy trimmed cards with rounded corners at http://www.cards4magic.co.uk
All the best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassandra Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL