We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Trapasso illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
Well, I know that the one Christian Farla has is built by Bill Smith and absolutely not a "rip of"... It was also bought via Bill Smith. And believe me, if you see it for real, you know this one is not a copy, it is a real Trapasso/ Steel Plate. You could buy a nice car for the price of it....
EVI
Christian Dux
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Christian Dux
Irish-matt: Franklin´s illusion was built by Guido Neunkirchen. (www.startrixx.de)
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Yes, right! I confirm.
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
Hmmm... OK, who is allowed to build these things? It seems that every builder around here makes them... Smile
EVI
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
OK, now this is turning into a morals thing, and guys, we have talked about this time and time again. I know that there are a lot of magicians that want to become illusionists and do searches online for illusion builders, not knowing that most of the illusions that they want needs to be built by an authorised builder. I have seen this when I was overseas. When I mentioned that to another illusionist (who should've known better) he nearly took my head off ranting about he's had it for x years and he spent his money on it! Never the less, this is supposed to be a brotherhood, and we need to first start teaching ethics before we teach a French Drop!
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 17:02, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 15:40, chmara wrote:
I feel this way -- if you want patent and copyright or confidentiality protection (enforceable), take the trouble and expense to do it legally. You can save yourself the expense, heartache, and problems Walt Blaney faced before confidentiality agreements became part of his business of magic.

Magicians ethics are based on morals, not legal documents. Ethics....remember that word?

Best,

Tim

Agree 100%, Timothy. Everyone not sure of what it means should pick up a good dictionary and look up the definition of that word.
Magicians ethics are based on morals, not legal documents. Ethics....remember that word?
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
So... Does anybody know if Startrixx is an authorized builder of the Steel Plate illusion? It seems that they are authorized sellers of Punchinger products.

So while people are screaming ethics all over the place, does anyone actually know if there might be an authorized builder working in Europe?

The Startrixx site also has listed a version of Melinda's Drill of Death with a few modifications. I know hers was sold to a performer in Europe a few years ago.

Matt
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
The Drill of Death is so nice and similar to the original one that I suppose Startrixx is an authorized builder! It is a super work.
The owner of Startrixx is very nice and builds strong props.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Startrixx doesn't have any permission to build the "Thru Steel" (Trapasso), "Dream Vision", "Drill of Death", "Water Tank"...illusions.
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
Thank you for clarifying that, Rafael, and bringing us some facts from Europe.

You have to wonder why a FISM winner like Franklin wouldn't get an official version of the prop. Like Christian Farla, he was only a phone call away from Bill Smith, and unlike Farla, decided to take the knock off route. Very sad.

Matt
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Their thinking is: Buying the original version of this illusion is to expensive for one TV show...and the Magic Orvellis (one of them is the owner/builder of Startrixx) is a good friend of Franklin.

I don't want to open a can of worms, but I don't know of a single performer who has the rights for the Drill of Death in Europe - yet, there are at least 3 performers using this illusion in Europe...
Bill Smith
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Bill Smith
I did not build the "Passing Thru A Steel Plate" for Christian Farla, please let me know where you got this information.

The illusion was invented by Andre Kole, and only he, his son, Tim, and David
Copperfield have the rights to perform it. All others are a "rip off"!

Bill Smith
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
I think there's no existing illusion builder in Europe authorized to build all the well known illusions.
I had a look on the listing of the Illusion Hotline on http://www.magicauction.com, but no European company is mentioned. I think that even the Swiss magician Peter Marvey gets his stuff built in the States.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Dear Oliver-twist,

All Peter Marvey's stuff is built in Europe, but not by illusion builders! (He hires the people himself, or has industrial companies work on his stuff.)
There are some people in Europe building great original illusion, but unfortunately, there are also a lot of people making copy illusions, and most of them look like crap!
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-05-24 15:12, Bill Smith wrote:
I did not build the "Passing Thru A Steel Plate" for Christian Farla, please let me know where you got this information.

The illusion was invented by Andre Kole, and only he, his son, Tim, and David
Copperfield have the rights to perform it. All others are a "rip off"!

Bill Smith

Thanks for clearing this up, Bill. Amazing how many rip-offs of illusions you see once you start surfing the web! It appears that distance makes one bolder!

From what I understand, I've seen rip-offs of Squeeze Box, Head Mover, No Feet, Table of Death, Steel Plate, Windshear, and Drill of Death, just to name the ones that Andre Kole has either created or been involved with in some way.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Quintana
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Quintana
Taken from "Magician Code of Ethics; Rule #4953"

"If one wishes to keep an illusion, idea, concept, presentation, etc away from those who wish to infringe, desecrate, defecate, ***ize, etc....

.....!!!!!!!!!!DON'T GIVE IT TO Copperfield!!!!!!!!

I saw this illusion TEN years ago from Andre Kole, and I DOUBT that was the first year he was performing it. Was anybody else performing it, except his son? No. Was it an INCREDIBLE illusion to those who saw it, layman and magician alike, and gave a "memento" to those who saw it live? You bet.

But ya give it to Copperfield...

Just my 2 cents

Quintana
(KEEN)-tah-nah
incompletefaro
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of incompletefaro
Can anyone provide a link for a video of the performance of Trapasso?
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-06-08 06:45, incompletefaro wrote:
Can anyone provide a link for a video of the performance of Trapasso?

Do you mean a legitimate version of the performance or an illegitimate version?

Any questions, see Bill Smith's post above.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
incompletefaro
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of incompletefaro
Legitimate version please. Either DC or the Kole family...
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
WHo is this "Startrixx" mentioned earlier in the thread? Is there a website? I've never heard of this person...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Trapasso illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL