The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Impaled (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

skilusion
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of skilusion
I am looking for the illusion plans for impaled. First off do they even exist? Second, is it in any books or are there any blueprints? Third, Who has the performance rights to the illusion? I really want to add this effect to my show but am having problems getting my hands on anything that even talks about it. Thanks.
skilusion
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I used to own an Impalement. It was developed by Ken Whitaker, I believe. I purchased mine from Owens. I think there are a couple of other builders who have the rights to it. There are no legitimate plans available as far as I know. Even if there were...it is an extremely difficult illusion to build, technically. After working with it for few years, I wouldn't even try.
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Not to mention the back problems and pain it can cause
jrabenho
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of jrabenho
I think this is going to be an illusion you are better off just buying than trying to create for yourself unless you are just an incredible designer.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Back problem?? I've heard this numerous time from several people.

Even though it is a great visual illusion, this issue of back problems needs to be taken seriously if you plan to be in this business full time and with what kind of medical and workman comp plan. (Most likely none!)
Dennis Michael
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
My assistant had a few back problems when we practiced. Once she started doing back exercises...the issue went away. But be forewarned the harness is tiny in comparison to other illusions (e.g, the broom suspension). Your assistant must have a strong back and stomach muscles.
Clayton Cavaness
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
56 Posts

Profile of Clayton Cavaness
Quote:
On 2002-11-26 01:48, Steven Steele wrote:
...it is an extremely difficult illusion to build, technically. After working with it for few years, I wouldn't even try.

I agree with Steven. I worked with one that was made by Owens or Magiccraft , I forget, but looked pretty scary underneath. I would hate to think I had to build one without some kind of help.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have heard that one of DC's assistants suffered permanent back damage from this thing. I may be completely wrong.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Quote:
On 2004-05-09 02:28, Bill Palmer wrote:
I have heard that one of DC's assistants suffered permanent back damage from this thing. I may be completely wrong.

I thought DC did it himself?
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Unless you have a strong backround in Hydraulics and welding, forget building it. Buy it. As for the back problems, they are all right in the above postings. More than one asst. or magician has suffered PERMANENT back disorders from his illusion. Also remember that this illusion weighs a ton and does not transport in the back of your car.
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
I believe plans are in the Magic of Yogano book....which I still haven't picked up a copy of....maybe I will eventually.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-05-09 02:35, Tor Egil wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-05-09 02:28, Bill Palmer wrote:

I thought DC did it himself?

You are right. She suffered the damage on a completely different illusion. Sorry about that.

Just goes to show you that illusions do have a dangerous side to them that we often forget.

Even the brooms can be dangerous.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
In Yogano book there is an Impaled plan for a candle! It is another plan. It is distinct from IMPALED. The book is in French.
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Bill,

I'm curious now. Can you remember which illusion a DC assistant suffered injuries from?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Impaled (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL