The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Being a very visual:eek: kinda guy, is there a video/series of videos that shows very basic card stuff in detail? I'd like to do some card tricks, but I need something to practice the basic palms and flourishes etc... first. I like vid's because of the rewind capability, which comes in handy if you can't ask questions. Also, I would be interested in the names of any other videos that are good nuts and bolts stuff. I like to be well prepared.Smile
Thanks
Steve
zzz
filmyak
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
150 Posts

Profile of filmyak
Check out the reviews section of this board. But for my money, the essential beginner's set is Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Magic. A set of 8 DVDs or videos. Lucky for you, xmas is coming up. *grin*
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
A perfect series specifically for card manipulations would be Jeff McBride's The Art of Card Manipulation series. This is a three volume series that teaches all kinds of card manipulations. From fans, to card productions, to numerous other things. Jeff is a good teacher and the videos are very good quality. Might be something worth looking into from the sound of what you're interested in.
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
http://www.mallusionist.com
Spade
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Spade
Talking about card manipulations.....I love the back palming effect of producing cards out of mid air....how or where would you guys recommend learning this effect? Thanks.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
If you are just looking for a (good) basic understanding of card flourishes, I'd suggest you take a look at Dante King's Practical Methods. IMO McBride's stuff is geared a little more toward the stage and not close-up.

Practical Methods is availible via download and is reasonablly priced. If you spend the time to learn 90% of the content, you'll have a lifetime of rewards! FYI, Dante also has an incredible video on card fanning! Smile
William Holcomb
Kraminator
View Profile
New user
Florida
47 Posts

Profile of Kraminator
Bill Malone is definitly the one to get. On the loose. Smile
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
Spade the effect you are talking about is explained in GREAT detail in McBride's number 2..it's called the Cardini Single Card Production.
SDGIU, McBride's tapes/Dvds are fantastic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card Manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL