The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What's Next / Dots Next / Giant Spot Card (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Another thumbs up for Matt Johnson's excellent rhyming routine for the What's Next spot card. I use it - with slight modifications' to great effect - especially in school shows. Once I performed it in a school Choral Speaking competition - as a guest performer - and it 'killed'!
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
MagicBern,

Thank you, I am very happy to hear that my rhyming routine for the What's Next Board works well for you.

Cheers,

Matt Johnson

http://www.thecorporatemagician.com/magicstore.html
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2006, The Great Smartini wrote:
I would encourage you to check out Matthew Johnson's (from Vancouver)lecture notes which contains an excellent poem/patter for this effect. I use this all the time and it gives context and a narrative that makes sense for the effect. It tells of your first trip to the magic shop and starts like this... "When I first started magic I went to a store filled with rabbits and silks and magic galore." You have to buy the notes to learn the rest. I use it all the time and recommend it highly.

Smartini

Ps. I think Matthew's web site is something like http://www.magicshow2go.com

Sorry, but, I do not now, and never have liked patter that referred to "going to the magic store to buy a new trick, etc.

It may sound "cute" but, it simply is saying to the audience that "you,too could do ths if you had this prop!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
I've been performing the spot card for years as an eye test in my show. I just recently bumped into Todd Brown at KAX and he has a couple of great new versions. One is a Chocolate Chip cookie, and the other is a Pepperoni Pizza!
https://www.amazekids.com/magic/birthday......-cookie/
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I recently bought a new Dinamo and the quality is really poor. The painted spots are not bright and white, like it was done with a thin paint. The dots don't slide smoothly like the old one I have, as if the flocking on the back is not as good a quality. It almost seems like a knockoff. I am very disappointed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What's Next / Dots Next / Giant Spot Card (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL