The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Immaculate Connection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8556 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Templetrickster: I titled my effect "The Best Gosh Darn Impromptu Linking Card Routine Ever, because I felt that way when I devised it, wrote it, etc. Still do. Completely impromptu, and used by magicians all over the world. I know, I know, they'd rather keep it secret. HL.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17287 Posts

Profile of joseph
I saw the mouth link performed by a French magician on WGM, and it is a nice variation...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1979 Posts

Profile of Daren
And the mouth link is?? pm me for details please?
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
This is one of my favorite Harris effects. Always got great reactions when I performed this. As suggested, linking sequence can be done in spectators hand. Though it has never been an issue with me, restorations can be done - first as Charlie suggested with mini cards (I like that, a lot) or... just think about it for a minute.

As for Harris crediting Sankey - I'd re-watch that tape. Harris' Immaculate Connection preceeds Sankey's Cardboard Contortionist by quite a bit. Jay told me long ago that he based his handling on Paul's innovation after they had collaborated.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
The way I heard it, a young magician (Jay) approached PH at a convention and Paul didn't think the idea was worth pursuing. Later, Paul came up with this incredible routine, but didn't remember the magician's name to give him credit.

IMO, this is one of Paul's greatest creations, and it uses only three ungimmicked cards. Incredible.

Robert

PS - I leave off the table link, too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Immaculate Connection (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL