The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Richey Technique (Redux) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
I picked up the Richey technique, and found I was less impressed with the technique (the physical handling of the answers) and more impressed with the approach--which has made the investment worthwhile.

It appears that the Richey approach is more concerned with why an audience would sit through an entire show based solely on Q & A. And to tell the truth, giving the audience that sort of payoff sounds like a lot more fun for both the audience and the performer.

I've been looking for a subtle approach to mentalism for a long time...an approach where I use my mind not to will things to happen, but to tune in to the facts and phenomena that are already out there.

Any suggestions?
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
Hi,

I think that is all about the development of a persona and reason for doing what you do. If you are really interested in what is out there to tune into and build a persona, along with routines, that fits the image, you can get to the place I think you are talking about. Think to your self about your character... what could he/she do? I recommend really building off your own life experiences. Then add the effects. Just my 2 cents Smile

Stan Alexander
mansomago
View Profile
New user
spain
57 Posts

Profile of mansomago
anybody can give more information about what is the richey technique?
thanks
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
The Richey Technique uses a combination of methods to reveal the answers to a sitter's (or participant's) questions before they ask them.

The process is more psychological than mechanical. The mechanics aren't terribly difficult...pacing is the key element to the illusion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Richey Technique (Redux) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL