The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stuff to watch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
Pinto2
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Pinto2
Absolutely great. Thanks for sharing.
Daniel
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Why, oh why, do I have such a problem with 'Putfile'?

I just cannot play the vids.!!

Roland - help, please.

Best of,

Dave

(MVD - 'partydave')
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
OOH MY GOD,

I so badly want to see the Fred Kaps video! Just like Dave I cannot watch videos on putfile for some reason.

DJ
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22055 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-03-07 18:06, Daveandrews wrote:
Why, oh why, do I have such a problem with 'Putfile'?

I just cannot play the vids.!!

Roland - help, please.

Best of,

Dave

(MVD - 'partydave')

Try updating your Media Player from Microsoft. If you have Windows XP go to the update page and get it. If older operating systems, go to Media Play web site and get the latest updates to play the video. If you have a Mac, I cannot suggest anything as I do not have a Mac.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
My windows media player buffers all the way through and plays two second snipets about every other minute. So the entire clip is frozen except those two second spurts of playing video. That's what happens when you are on a dialup as I am. My area does not offer Cable or DSL so I'm out of luck there.

It would be nice if putfile and utube would allow for download and saving of the files that have been uploaded so we could play it back at a regular speed on the computer. The policy prohibiting download at both sites is because some artists do not want their work downloaded and used without their permission.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11158 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Same problem. It does appear that some of these are now available in DVD format on Ebay.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
I Have a MAC and I am MAD....it will not work.....
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
830 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
It will work in Mac if you are using OSX. At least it does for me.
Lou
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
It worked perfectly for me.

Oh man, I almost had tears in my eyes when I watched Mr. Ross perform his linking ring + clock routine.

Great stage works. Inspiring acts and phenomenal stage presence.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5283 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Roland, you are my new hero! Thanks for the links! Especially thanks for the Tamos link! I had never seen the man’s work. It must take him a couple of hours to load! Still I enjoyed his novel and fun act! Sweet!

Of course watching Ross work almost makes me want to give up magic! I am such a toad compared to his elegance!

What can be said about Kaps? I am in awe at the economy of movement and polish in his act (I actually have that clip on video and watch it regularly to remind me of what practice means to an act!).

Thanks, my friend!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
More than 20 years ago I saw an old circus performer from Denmark named “Samson” who did an act where he filled the stage with tables. Later I had heard that he passed away and I often wondered if anyone was doing his act.

Being that the “Tamos” video clip has the “DK” on it, meaning that he is from Denmark and that he is doing an extremely similar act, I can now assume that “Samson” found someone to continue the act.

Great video clip Roland, Thanks for passing on the link!

Best regards,
Levent
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Perhaps I spoke to soon. It looks like the Tamos clip was shot in the early 1980s or late 1970s. So obviously “Tamos” and “Samson” both were working the table production act at the same time.

Funny that they were both Danish, maybe they are related or perhaps they both got the act from some other person. It seems in the circus world so many acts get passed from person to person. This rarely happens in the magic world.

Best regards,
Levent
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Did Richard Ross use a Lo***** Ring?

I had always heard that that type of ring was a waste of time. My Owens rings are not that type.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Wmhegbli - thanks for the advice.
I downloaded the media 10 player, but unfortunately they only play for about 2 seconds if I'm lucky.

Ho hum !!!!!!!!

Best of,

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
Quote:
On 2006-03-09 15:53, James Adamson wrote:
Did Richard Ross use a Lo***** Ring?

Yes!

Quote:
On 2006-03-09 15:53, James Adamson wrote:
I had always heard that that type of ring was a waste of time.

Says who? Such a ring, elevates the linking rings into the miracle class.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Dave,

Has to be high speed as the download is a very large file.

Roland,
General opinion on the forum sites and several books/videos discuss the other type of ring and supposed lack of value vs the standard K** ring, but after seeing the Richard Ross video I can see what I have been missing.

How long past this point as shown in the video did he continue to use it?

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
James I am on Broadband and, on occasion, I have managed to play some of the Putfile videos; but not for the past few months, and I haven't consciously changed any settings.

It is a mystery!

Best of,

Dave

Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
James,

I think it is important to keep this video clip within its historic context. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe this is a video taken during the 1973 FISM convention in Paris, France. Which was the second time that the late Richard Ross won the Grand Prix.

So, this clip is just a little snapshot of Mr. Ross’s when he FIRST introduced his the linking rings into his act.

As you can see the handling was very, very well done. But being a new routine you can see he made a minor error in which he seemed to lose track of the break of the L**king K** Ring. Being such a relaxed performer you can see that he just laughed off the error and continued with the routine. Frankly, I’ve always admired his easygoing nature on stage.

Anyhow, my point is that within a year or two after this performance Richard Ross added another ring to the routine. So that he got to the point on the clip where he linked a chain of three (two single rings and one L**king K** Ring). He held this chain of three aloft with one hand and with the other hand he picked up a fourth ring which was an ordinary K** Ring. He then linked this ring to one of the single rings thus forming a chain of four. He then unlinked the ordinary K** Ring from the chain of three, placing this ring into a drawer on this table. And finally he resumed the routine where he unlinked one ring after another placing each ring one after the other into the drawer. At which time the iris of the spotlight was reduced until the only thing that was lit was his hand sliding the drawer closed and as the music ended the spotlight went out so that the stage was shrouded in darkness. A few seconds later a new song began, the stage lights were restored and he commenced with the routine that led into his classic watch production routine.

And to answer your question (to the best of my knowledge), Richard Ross did the routine in the way I described above until the end of his career.

Best regards,
Levent
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-03-09 20:16, James Adamson wrote:
Roland,
General opinion on the forum sites and several books/videos discuss the other type of ring and supposed lack of value vs the standard K** ring, but after seeing the Richard Ross video I can see what I have been missing.
James Adamson

They also didn't perform the rings as Richard Ross did.

A couple of years ago I posted here at the Café regarding Richard Ross and his passing:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=61
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stuff to watch (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL