We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Devil Coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi,

Looking for inexpensive evil looking coins - one that the Devil might give someone to grant them magical powers at gambling for example - I was going to do a Shane effect that involves such a prop - got a bunch of coins and I got replica doubloons (with the dreaded "COPY" printed in small on them (ugh)) - but wondering if any of you can recommend an evil looking coin... or fake coin... I've been using the doubloons as I like the gold look...

On the other hand, I could take some old coins and carve them up somehow with pentagrams... any otehr thoughts from my esteemed bizarrist pals???

All the best,

Bruce
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
You can look up "sand casting" on the internet. Basically, you wet some sand and carve out your design in the negative, then you can pour any molten metal into it and have your positive. That way you can make any coins you like. Actually, I think I may be able to make some for you. PM me if you like.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There are rather inexpensive coins available from the Isle of Man. They have the triskelion on them. These are quite mystical.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Thanks Bill!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3505 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2006-03-07 22:04, Midnight333 wrote:
You can look up "sand casting" on the internet. Basically, you wet some sand and carve out your design in the negative, then you can pour any molten metal into it and have your positive. That way you can make any coins you like. Actually, I think I may be able to make some for you. PM me if you like.

We did this also with bars of soap and wood carving tools. Allows you to get a smoother coin and more than one per mold.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I did a google search on pagan pendant and found lots of sources. Here's one to get you started:
http://www.ladyhawkstreasures.com/pentacles.htm#pendant
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Merci mon ami!
Khopri
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
237 Posts

Profile of Khopri
You can probably find good examples for coins by looking at wax seals. I've seen some great pagan wax seals that could be worked into a devil coin quite nicely.

If you do ever come across satan's pocket change, let me know. I'd love a coin or two to add to my collection as well.

Carved out of wood perhaps? You can get wood disk blanks in the right size at Michaels.

Just some thoughts.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3829 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The classical fairy coins are weird.
http://www.enchanted.co.uk/
Otherwise, you should try to find antique tokens from Cabinet of curiosities, some have devil or imp heads on them. They are not that difficult to find.
You may also try to find antique church coins with skulls.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Cool.. antique church coins with skulls... now that sounds just about right... and what the Devil would hand out....!!!

Thanks again guys!
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Does the Vatican still mint coins? That would be one approach.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
How about some Mardi Gras Daubloons. that's what I use in my VooDoo effects.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Wait, you pour moulten metal into soap and it doesn't melt? Or did I misunderstand what you wrote.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
What you need for this is called Wood's Alloy. You can also get Cerrobend or Cerrosafe. These are low melting point metals.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Abbotts used to make palming coins with the devil performing magic on them. They may work depending on your character, and if you can even find them. Smile
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
You can make your own...pretty easy...all you need is lead and clay...
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Make your cast with sandstone or whatever, then lay do some solder, take your handy dandy propane torch and melt the solder into the mold, if you over heat the solder it will "burn" and look really old.

There are two different types that I know of, Lead-free and with Lead.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
There is a bloke somewhere in Northern california that does some AMAZING coins from the Lord of the Rings (Elves, hobbit, dwarf, man and MORDOR (!)

I don't have any more info than that handy, but a quick internet search within those parameters should show you the way... the Mordor coins are particularly wicked looking, as one might imagine!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2006-03-23 16:06, Freak Prodigy wrote:
Make your cast with sandstone or whatever, then lay do some solder, take your handy dandy propane torch and melt the solder into the mold, if you over heat the solder it will "burn" and look really old.

There are two different types that I know of, Lead-free and with Lead.

Brett.

There are also solder as used by plumbers and others with an acid core (flux) and solder as used in electronics that has a non-corrosive resin core. I would use the resin-core solder if you go that route. There used to be a lead molding toy with an electrically heated ladle, but with the concern today about lead poisoning, I'm sure it is no longer available. Low melting-point alloys are available.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Thanks Gaddy!

Here is the link: http://www.thelandofshadow.com/mordorgat......tals.htm

and it leads to Shire.com - where there are a ton of cool coins - especially like the New France one that has Louis XiV and on the other side a shiedl with 3 skulls!!!! The Eye of Sauron coins are also cool...

(They even got Klingon coins!?!?)....

All the best,

Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Devil Coin? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL